October 18th

We eventually pulled out of the car park. I'd never ridden in a car with Cale driving, but I found it rather sloppy. It was actually kind of scary. I would of offered to take his place, but I don't exactly have a liscence yet, considering I'm only sixteen. Austin and Cale were the only ones old enough to be driving this vehicle. Well, Ted was old enough also, but he wasn't in this car, so that doesn't count.

First, we dropped off Chris, then Gabriela. I felt like I was on the school bus. The car was yellow and we had multiple stops. Mine finally came. We took the most indirect route, too. We'd let off Chris, who lives on the same road as me, then made an illigal u-turn and taken a side-road to Gabriela's house. We followed the road until it became a dead-end. We doubled back and took a turn off Gabriela's road and drove past Cale's house and somehow ended up back on my road. We then drove to my house and let me leave that mayhem of a drive.

I went up to my room and softly called for Jack, he never answered. I did my homework and studied the material I'd already memorized out of pure boredom.

After being sick of school-related things, I picked up my phone and sent a mass-text to all my contacts- new friends and old. It said, "hey."

Almost immediatley, Cale answered. He told me his parents were gone for the night, doing something for their jobs. He said he was having a couple people over. I hollared down the stairs and asked my mom if I could go. She told me I could. I reread Cale's message. I noticed it had a lot of spelling mistakes. As in, a lot for texting. He even mispelt abreviations. For "something," he meant to put "sumtin," and ended up with "cintim." Weird. I replied and soon recieved a bunch of messages from other people I knew. Almost all of them said, "hey, what's up?" Austin, Gabriela, Chris, and a couple people from my old school never answered. Cale told me a time and he said Austin would pick me up.

I finished up all my conversations and soon was waiting outside, like this morning, for my ride. Jack suddenly popped up beside me, looking distraught. "Hey, Jack!" I exclaimed, excited to see my misty boyfriend.

"Victoria, I have something important to tell you," he said with a hard edge to his voice.

"What is it?" I asked worriedly.

"I don't think you should get into that car with them," he said flat out.

"Why?" I asked, curiosity written all over my face.

"I just have a hunch. I think it's a bad idea," he said.

"Why? Why should I listen to a 'hunch?'" I asled him skeptically.

"Because I'm undead. Dead people aren't usually wrong," he retorted.

"So? I'm actually supposed to be in this world right now! You're not meant to be! You. Are. Dead," I said freshly.

"I'm not jealous of your new guy friends if that's what you think!" he exclaimed, anger in his voice. I could practically see fire burning in his eyes. His beautiful, see-through eyes.

"Oh sure! You were always the jealous type!" I said, fury seeping through my skin.

"I was never a jealous person!" he shouted.

"Oh yeah..." I said, remembering that was true.

"So are you going?" he asked, quieter. We had now cooled down a bit.

"Yes, I am," I said.

"Suit yourself. Bit didn't you notice they were acting a bit strange earlier? I know you noticed it," he told me.

"Well, they were a little... odd," I suggested. "But I'm still going."

"Fine. Your life. I've already had mine come and go. And man, it was quick." He poofed away, but reappeared suddenly. "I love you."

"And I, you." He disappeared just as Austin drove up, Gabriela, and Chris were also in the car.

"Come on, babe!" exclaimed Austin. I climbed into the passenger seat which still hadn't been filled and looked back to see Jack staring at me from in the trees. I waved smally so no one noticed. He mirrored the movement. We were off.