October 25th

"Jack, why are you here?" I asked him, tears streaking down my face. This day is so traumatical. I've been having mood swings an such. I yelled at a nurse for bringing me a kiwi instead of a guava. I don't even like guavas and I had asked for a kiwi in the first place! Anywho...

"To comfort you in your hospital bed, why els-" he began.

"No, no. I meant why are you here on this Earth?" My sobs had stopped and the rivers of tears were drying up slowly. See what I mean?- moody.

"I told you I didn't know!" he exclaimed, yet he still spoke in a hushed tone.

"Think harder, please?" I begged, a tiny trickle of water leaking from one eye again.

"Honey, please don't cry. I'll think. Alright? I'll think longer," he said soothingly. This calmed me.

"Can you please? Thank you!" I squealed. "I'm kind of tired. I stayed up waiting for you."

"Sleep, my darling," said Jack. He put a hand on my shoulder and I fell asleep like that, with his soul giding me through my dreams.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Early The Next Morning

"Kay," said the old nurse. "Let's see this thing." I'd been assigned a new one after yesterday's "inncident." My new one was plump, ugly, and had a scary and hairy mole on her cheek. She was chomping a piece of gum while inspecting the doctor's notes. "Let's see here. Doc said you can leave this wretched place tomorra'. Kay?"

""Mmmkay," I said, stretching out the sylabulls to be annoying.

"Kay. If you have any questions for Doc Harris, I'll send 'im in. Kay?" she asked.

"No. I'm good," I said, adding a rude edge to my voice this time instead of going for the annoying tone.

"Sure?" she asked again.

"Yup," I said.

"Kaaaaay," she droned and left the room. Unexpectedly, my mother rushed into the room, still in her pajamas. She hadn't come to see me last night because she'd been out in the neighboring town doing something for work. Her boss hadn't let her leave. But I assured her-on the phone-to come tomorrow and not lose her job by visiting me.

"OH MY GOD!" she exclaimed at the top of her lungs. "MY BABY!" she gasped and through her arms around me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Hi, mom," I said, just like it was any other day.

"Baby, how are you doing? Do you need anything? A nurse? Are you okay? What is it, what's wrong?" she pestered.

"I'm fine. I've been here a whole night mom." An old expression surfaced to the top of my brain, "Don't get your panties in a twist." But then again... That might not of been quite right.

"Oh hush," she replied. I smiled at her and she hugged me again. "Honey, who was driving when you were in the accident? What exactly happened?"

"Chris was driving. I was on the passenger side. Gabriela and Austin were in the back. We went to pull over... But on the wrong side of the road and te oncoming car hit us in the side shattering one window. Then we skidded and hit the guard rail, shattering the front window. The initial impact knocked the wind out of me. The glass from the windows penetrated my skin. My leg was broken. And uhh... It hurt really bad. I passed out and had a umm... weird dream, but I'm fine now. The doctor said I can leave tomorrow," I said, ending my story with a smile so it didn't seem all doom and gloom.

"Aw hun," she said. My mother had kept quiet throughout my whole story, which was unusual for her. "Don't worry, you're safe now."

"I know that, mom! I'm not expecting to see a giant truck crash into the window right now!" I exclaimed sarastically. But a mental picture of that flooded into my mind. "Maybe I am, a little..."

"It's okay. Nothing is gonna hurt you, now," said my mom. We embraced and just sat there for a little bit.

My father walked in a second later, though, to see how I was doing. He joined our hug.

One little, happy family.