October 26th

Home From The Hospital

"I'm fine, mom," I began, "Please just give me my crutches." I had just got out of the car and I was standing solely on my good foot. My mom was pestering me about helping me in, but all I wanted was my crutches so I could do it myself. I don't really have the best balance so if she doesn't give those to me soon, I'm gonna fall over!

"But Victoria, I'll just help you in. You don't want to use those crutches!" exclaimed my mother.

"Actually, I do. Now I don't know what you have against them-"

"You wanna know what my problem is? It's that Jack boy! He would always be around. Just a little too old for you, always a step ahead of the game. As a fourteen-year-old girl, you shouldn't spend so much time with him! He took away your childhood. A fourteen-year-old should be hanging out with friends, having a couple mom-daughter days, doing family things with her cousins, and maybe going on the occasional date, but to have a steady boyfriend instead of doing all that... I'm not even sure what to say! You were too mature because of him. He guided you through what was right and wrong because he lived it a half-year before you. You had all your valuable life lessons handed to you on a spoom instead of having the knife stuck in and finding out for yourself. But you two got too serious too fast. I knew with all the time with you guys being by yourself, you'd sell your virginity to him. And I'm not planning on grandkids for a long while, miss! But I knew he would stay with you, even if you did become pregnant. And it would happen ALL over again. Right in front of my eyes, but I wouldn't be able to do anything, then, because you'd e a big happy family. So I interveined NOW instead of THEN." An evil smile flooded onto her face.

Suddenly, thoughts rushed into my mind.

"It'll hurt you if I tell you who killed me," he had told me one night.

"I don't want to tell you," he'd said on another.

"It will make you feel unsafe, even though you'd be perfectly fine," was what he'd mentioned on another.

The phone call from a while ago. The day before Jack died. "She doesn't love you, go die in a hole!" she'd said.

"I broke up with him for you," she'd told me.

She had just wanted her little girl back. So she fabricated a plan.

Get a fake promotion by asking to be relocated.

Move away.

Make sure he doesn't follow... because you know he will.

My mother... My mother is a murderer.