October 10th

I spent the rest of the night partying, socializing, and dancing - no alcohol - and made some new friends.

I had left Gabriela after our little encounter, after all, she practically tried to murder me. (maybe a little bit of an overreaction there...) I don't want to get too close to my year-old trash.

I met some guys with really stupid and cheesy pick-up lines. They seemed like players. They also seemed to think that their lines would work on me, like all the other sluts they'd tried them on. But I only have eyes for one person, and I think everyone who I've ever known for longer than a night knows who it is.

I met some girls who were keeping their distance from Gabriela. I had approached them and asked them why they were avoiding her. The response was something a little like this, "Apparently, she like did something like really bad at her old school. She like knocked out like a girl and like kidnapped a boy. I think. At least, that's like the story that's like going around." I didn't talk to them much longer after that.

I hung out with Cale, Ted, and Sheldon for part of the time, they're pretty cool guys. They introduced me to some of their friends. Cale let me meet his football team-mates. Ted had me talk to some of his friends from ski/snowboard club. Sheldon introduced me to his members from AV club, Tech club, and his other dorky clubs. Some of the kids were actually pretty cool, though.

Chris had led me to some girls he thought I might like. They were okay. I hated their sense of humor, though. It was non-existant.

So now, it's about midnight. I'm sitting on my bed, wearing my fuzzy pajamas and bunny slippers, watching TV while trying to fall asleep. My eyes are half-way shut, I'm slowly nodding off, I'm not comprehending the show at all, until a black-haired boy appears on it.

He looks like Jack.

But the boy turned around and it clearly showed his ugly zits. He looked nothing like Jack from the front.

My eyelids are slowly rolling shut, when I hear a hoarse, whispered voice, "I love you."

The pillow grew heavier as I felt a cool wind bring me to rest.

*The Next Morning*

"Good morning, mum," I greeted, walking down the stairs and pulling up a chair at the table. My father was already seated, reading the paper. A plate with toast and scrambled eggs was set in front of me. I began stuffing my face when my mother gave me a glare. I stopped, put a napkin on my lap, and started to eat slowly with polite manners.

"Are you ready for school today, hun?" asked my mom, looking up at me from her oatmeal.

"Yeah, mum. I'm so excited I could pee myself," I said flattly in a sarcastic tone.

"Now don't be like that! I bet you'll have a great day. When you're done eating that hardy breakfast of yours, go ahead and get ready. The bus will be here in about fourty-five minutes," chimed my mother.

I soon finished my "hardy" breakfast and changed. While I was straightening my hair, I swore I saw something, or someone, behind me while I was looking in the mirror. But I think my tired eyes are playing tricks on me. Aren't they?

Soon, I was dressed and ready, standing outside my house that was shelided from the road by trees and shrubary, waiting for the bus.

This is quite a bore actually.

Then, I heard it.

It kinda sounded like it had come from behind me. It had.

It sounded like, "boo!" Like what little kids who dress up as ghosts for Halloween say.

I slowly pivoted to see the steamy, transparent form of Jack.

But I must be dreaming because 1) Jack is dead. 2) People don't glow and aren't see-through. 3)... Jack is dead.

Oh my god... It's hit me. That wave of realization you get after someone dies. When you actually realize you'll never see them again.

I'll never see Jack again except in my memories. And when I die, I'll be with him.

Unless he hooks up with a hot angel...

I collapsed to the ground in pure agony. Jack is gone. I'll never see his handsom form, hear his loving voice, or caress his happy face again.

Then I remembered something.

His misty form was standing right in front of me.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I'm so sorry for not having all my updates in on time. All my teachers have been piling up homework and gymnastics competitive season is just around the bend. But, I solemly swear that the 31st chapter, will be posted on October 31st, whether I want to or not.