October 19th

The right was... funny. That whole ride. And what Jack had said. It was just all so abnormal.

The passengers were all being loud. They were saying stupid jokes and talking about "snogging." Austin's driving was rough. I think it's only because it's dark and clouded over from a threatening storm.

We were getting out of the car when a large clap of thunder sent shivers down our spines. Chris shouted loudly and Gabriela screamed. There were a few other cars parked around Cale's wooded lodge-type home.

We went inside without even knocking. The only acknowledgement of our entering was Chris yelling, "THE ALL-MIGHTY PRESENCE IS HERE!" Maybe Jack was right. Maybe there was something wrong with them tonight.

We played Twister and charades and some other childish games. It was actually kind of fun. Cale's cousins who live in town had come up along with a few of their friends. It was a mini party.

Later, we ordered pizza and stuffed our pie-holes with it. Cale had nothing to drink, which I thought was odd because since he plays football, he always has energy drinks and water bottles around.

We left after about two or three hours of doing whatever. One of Cale's cousins that seemed as strange as Cale, Chris, Gabriela, and Austin were acting now tried to give me a goodbye kiss. I slapped him. Then, Cale gave me a hug goodbye and said, "ignore her. She's silly." The person he was pointing to was a guy.

I climbed into shotgun again, this time Chris was driving and Gabriela and Austin started making out in the back. Chris promptly yelled at them and they stopped, frowns on their faces. Chris had a smug smile on because he had authority. Gabriela pouted and Austin stuck out his tongue. We drove off.

And that's when I spotted it.

It was on the floor halfway under a textbook.

And it was empty and crushed.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I want to know what you guys think Victoria saw on the floor. Tell me!