October 5th

The Next Morning

            “Honey? Wake up, baby. Do you want to go to school today? It was supposed to be your first day, but considering what happened last night and all…” That was my mom, waking me up in the morning. I glanced outside. It’s not the morning anymore.

            “Mom, did I sleep in ‘til noon again?” I asked quietly.

            “Yes, but you can just go to school late,” she offered. But I don’t think I'll take her up on it. It’ll be totally pointless to start my first day half-way through.

            “No thanks, mom. I’ll skip today. Call the school and tell them we aren’t totally moved in yet, Mr. Anderson said I wouldn’t be marked absent if that happened,” I answered.

            “Okay. If you’re sure…” She began to walk away, but she stopped, turned, and came back.

            “Are you okay? Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it? Because I’m really sorry for all that’s happened,” she said. “I’m sorry I never let you get a proper good bye in.” She didn't honestly look that sad, though. That's rather odd. I suppose she didn't really like him that much.

            “Yeah, mum, I’m good.” A fake expression stormed onto her face, suddenly. She looked at me with sympathy in her eyes and a melancholy look plastered on. She gave me a pat on the shoulder and turned to go call the school.

            I’m not good. I just want to be alone… Or with Jack, but I know that’s never going to happen again. Jack is gone. He has been taken by an angel.

            I bet she was a pretty angel.

            Great… I’m jealous that a hot angel took my ex-boyfriend up to heaven. What is wrong with me?

            I stood up from bed, a few tears splashing off my face that had been called beautiful by Jack many times.

            I still can’t believe he’s gone.

            I sat back down on my bed in saddened silence. I’m in grief. Not like that grief when Charlie Brown says, “good grief,” but the kind when you’re so sad you might just die.

            Yeah, that’s what I was feeling now.

            I looked at the calendar I had tacked onto my wall. It was the only thing set-up so far besides my bed.

            Today is November 23.

            Three things are happening today.

-Every odd day of the month, I go for a jog. I guess I’ll be checking out the neighborhood then… 

-Today is my old friend, Anna Carter’s birthday. Not that she really was that close to me, though.

-Today was supposed to be Jack and I’s two and a half year anniversary.

            What a great way to begin the day.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Author’s Note: Sorry it’s short, I had a huge homework load tonight plus gymnastics practice. Did you see the slideshow on October 3rd? I just put it up earlier. Thanks for reading. Peace out, yo! (that’s my fail of a good-bye)