Ch.7: Don't Test Me

*Edited by The_Midnight_Foxx_*

*Valentino's P.O.V.*

I am working in my office, going through some paperwork as I wait for the girl to be brought down by one of my demon workers.
I look up, hearing a knock on my office door.

"Enter," I command in a strong and overpowering tone.

The worker I sent to retrieve her comes in, empty handed.

I stand up, walking to the front of my desk and leaning against it.

"And where is she?" I ask, bringing a nervous look into his face.

"She's refusing to come down unless you're the one to try and convince her to do so, Master," he says quickly.

"Well, then. This is gonna be fun," I smile to myself.

'Fiesty girl..she'll fit right in,' I smirk at my own thoughts.

As I work my way through the mansion, I ponder on why she offered herself. I mean, I've taken many human offerings throughout my lifetime. But they've always been forced offerings, never volunteered.

I reach her room and walk in to find her sitting by the window sill, gazing outside.

"And why must I have taken all this energy to come get you myself?" I ask in a low voice, drawing her attention.

She jumps up and whirls around, surprised at my sudden presence. She shakes away the fear and surprise, holding her head high in challenge and defiance.

"Because. I want to know why I must listen to YOU," she spits out, glaring at me in disdain.

I'm not a patient man, mind you, so I immediately felt all calmness leave my body and be replaced by anger.

"Because I am the master of this household. I am your master too, now! So you MUST obey me," I yell, throwing her an equally, if not more, fierce glare.

I can tell she's surprised by my sudden outburst, but she needs to learn her lesson; she needs to know that she must listen and not test me or things will get nasty. Fast.

She begins to back away in fear, hands groping for a weapon to defend herself. I quickly approach her, grasping her wrists and tugging her to me. She slams into my chest, whimpering and cowering away. I tighten my hands into an almost bruising grip when she attempts to wriggle free.

"Stop struggling!" I bark, irritated at her squirming.

The girl immediately goes still, lowering her head in submittance.

"Look at me," I try, softening my voice.

Her only reaction is to lower her head further which only succeeds in annoying me more.

"Don't test me," I threaten. "Look. At. Me. Now."

She finally looks up, barely meeting my gaze with eyes red and puffy from crying. I sigh, not knowing what to do.

"Just come down and eat. Marian will make you something. Come on," I say, turning to the leave. I walk, leaving the room when I notice she isn't following.

"I said, come on," I growl through gritted teeth, slowly losing my patience.

I turn around and see her still in the same spot, unmoving.

"Well?" I ask. "Are you going to listen to me like a good girl and do this, or must you make things difficult?" I ask, tilting my head and looking at her expectantly.

She continues to disobey, staying rooted to her spot. By then, I've lost any and all patience I might have had with this girl. I gave plenty of chances to listen to me, yet she continues to defy me. NO ONE disobeys me, no one.

"FINE!' I yell at her. "You want to stay here? Then you'll stay here! You will not be allowed to leave unless otherwise instructed. Oh, and since you refuse to come downstairs and eat something? You've lost that chance. No food for 3 days. Goodbye," I throw over my shoulder as I finally leave the room.

I shut the door firmly behind me, locking it with a unique key. I can proudly say that I'm the sole owner of the only key that can open her door.

I walk back downstairs to my office. Sitting down at my desk, I run a hand through my hair, trying to calm down.

"That's it. I'm going to the gym to let off some steam," I tell myself, leaving to go work out the frustrations that irritating her had just caused me.

"She will learn to obey me," I say, determined.

*Angels P.O.V*

It's been about 10 minutes since he left, but I've stayed in the same spot. Finally breaking out of my 'trance', I walk over to the door in attempt to leave this hellhole. As I struggle to open the door, I find that he locked it.

"LET ME OUT!!" I scream, pounding on the door. I give up almost as soon as I start, knowing no one is going to help me.
I put my hands to my face in defeat and slide down against the door, losing hope of escape.

Deciding to just go to bed, assuming it's fairly late, I crawl to the bed and go under the covers, not caring about my tear stained face or what I was wearing. I just wanted to sleep.
After about 20 minutes, my eyelids start to droop. Within seconds, I finally find myself falling into a dreamless sleep.