Ch.28 : I'm Sorry...

*sorry everybody for not updating for along time! Summer has been a bit crazy. This chapter has quite a bit of back and forth between the characters...enjoy!*

I awaken with a pounding headache. And I know it's from all the crying and yelling last night.
I walk into the bathroom turning on the light. After my eyes adjust to the sudden light, I'm utterly horrified when I look in the mirror. I'm in way worse shape then I would be guessed.
Obvious weight loss, major bags highly visible under my red and puffy eyes from the crying, and the pale and lifelessness of my skin. I look like I am a living, breathing zombie.
I'm infuriated with myself for letting him get to me. To make not only my emotional state ruined, but also take the physical part of me too. The part I thought I'd be able to control while he controls the rest. I thought wrong.
Just the reflection was enough to make me break down, again.
I used to be a strong girl. Rarely cried, could hide and ignore all bad emotions and be happy...now I have no clue what happiness is anymore.
And now being with that damned creature has offically ruined the Angel that was full of life and happy to now an Angel who is lifeless, unhappy, and broken.
I finally look away from the mirror and strip down and hope into the needed cold shower.

Valentino's P.O.V

I wake up with a bad feeling. I groggily sit up in my bed and look beside me and see the chica is gone. Good. Last thing I would need is waking up with her beside me wanting more. And by more-a relationship.
Hell the the fucking no.
I get up, grab a pair of boxers and sweatpants.
I get ready trying to ignore the guilt-like feeling that is taking over my body. And its not a feeling that I need to feel. I shouldn't even feel anything. I don't do emotions. Emotions are distracting.
Yet I started to experience then after Angel came...oh fuck. That's why I feel the way I do.
All the crying and screaming from her last night. It killed me seeing her like that. But I used that whore to try and forget them.
But it seemed to only be just a temporary distraction.
I walk around the room trying to come up with a way I can get her to even just consider forgiving me. Hoping I didn't hurt her as badly as I believe I did the other night. Her health and everything has been tumbling downwards lately. At least so says Ms. Lily who updates me often, even if I don't even ask.
I decide on getting her a simple thing. A kind desture in other terms I guess...a flower? Isn't that what human boys use all the time to get a fellow female humans attention? But what kind? I ask my self growing frustrated and tugging at my already messy hair.
"I'll just go to Ms. Lily and get an opinion from her. " I grumble to myself in frustration.
Can't believe I'm getting myself worked up for a girl. Human girl at that! Never in centuries would have I ever thought, I, Valentino, would fall for a human after I became this immortal being.
I finally throw on a random short and head downstairs to look for Ms. Lily who is getting ready to get making some breakfast.
I enter the kitchen and see Ms. Lily dancing around humming to herself as she goes around throwing ingredients together.
I clear my throat in a way to grab her attention.
She freezes and turns around holding her spatula up ready to possibly swing it. Jumpy old lady. But once she sees that it is just me at lowersit and rolls her eyes at me.
"Morning Valentino, what do you need?" She asks me turning around and resumes what she was doing before I 'interrupted' her.
"What would you get a human girl to show a way of showing want for forgiveness or sorry?" I ask with confidence even though on the inside, I want to slap myself.
"For one, " she starts to say while turning to face me, " human girl or whatever, a girl is a girl mister. Two, have you thought of a flower? It's simple, but it typically gets the job done." She finishes.
"I thought of the flower thing. But what type of flower does the trick is what I must know." I continue getting impatient just wanting an answer.
"Mmm, I would recommend either a rose, as it is seen as a more romantic and more of a dependable choice, or a poppy flower. They come in a variety of colors but I often find it infuriating trying to decide on a color." She finally finishes.
"Hmm, sounds like the rose is a safe way to go?" I ask myself outloud.
"Do what you find necessary." She replies getting back to cooking.
"Alrighty, thanks Ms. Lily." I quickly say as I bolt out the kitchen an off to get a damn flower.

Back to Angels P.o.V

I finally decide on going downstairs and getting something to soothe my painful hunger.
As I reach the bottom of the stairs I hear the front door slam. But I could care less as I approach the kitchen and immediately my mouth waters at the aroma that is consuming the whole house.
I walk in and sit myself down ready to dig in finally noticing just how hungry I am.
"Good morning! " I hear Ms. Lily screech once she noticed my presence and comes and engulfs me in what feels like a much needed hug.
"My you've gotten skinner then ever. Time to eat up sweetie!" She says bustling over and stacking food onto a large platter and setting it in front of me.
It's a huge variety of common breakfast foods.
Eggs, sausage, bacon, French toast, and hashbrowns.
She has never failed at a single meal yet since I've shown up.
"Thank you Ms. Lily, I'm starving !" I exclaim as I basically engulf everything on the large platter.
Once I've finished and Ms.  Lily had taken my plate, I find myself going to the library. A quiet, peaceful place with lots of books and stories to get lost in. I grab a random one and lay on one of the couches and get lost in the story.

Back to Valentino s P.O.V

I finally got the damned rose. I had a tough time trying to find to most perfect and beautiful one. Just like Angel...I whisper to myself in my own head.
I enter the house and ask Ms. Lily if she has come downstairs at all. She said she did, she ate,  And she believes she was heading to the library and it's been just over an hour since she's gone in there. I thank her and head towards the library. I stop in front of the large French doors and take a breath in while clutching the flower close to my chest.
I slowly open the door and quietly check for her presence. And I find her, laid out on one of the red couches very intersted in a book she's reading that she doesn't even notice that I am now I'm the room admiring her.
And after awhile she looks up and her eyes quickly find mine-and I find no shame at all finding myself getting lost in her dark brown eyes, even if they look lifeless.
"W-what are you d-doing in here?" She stutters while repositioning herself and sitting up straight and abandoning the book she was reading.
All i find myself doing as a responce is slowly approaching her while taking my flower from behind my back and bringing it around my body to show her. I crouch down beside the couch where her tense body is watching my every move.
"Angel, I'm sorry for last night. I am. I was just thinking of myself, but can you blame me? I'm known and seen as a feared Lord here, not caring for and about any other creature. So I was tearing myself apart trying to come up with a visual way to apologise, I want and asked for Ms. Lily's opinion. And since you love her so much I took her advice. I got you just this simple rose." I finish and take a deep breath in that I never knew I was holding.
I look back into her eyes and see that they have grown very wide, her ruby red lips slightly quivering, and she has come more pale of it was even possible. But she still looks gorgeous in my own eyes.
"So w-what does t-this mean? " she whispers eyeing the deadly and vivid red rise I'm holding out towards her.
"That...I'm Sorry..." I say and place the flower in her cold and shaking hands.
I'm nervous waiting for a responce and all that I am receiving from her is her eyes fixed on the the rose.
"So?" I ask trying to catch and bring her back to reality.
"I-I don't know." She responded while her eyes furrow together in concentration, as she never takes her eyes away from the rose. Like if her eyes leave it for a second, it'll kill her.
"Ok. Keep the flower. And just remember what I said mi amor." I say and slowly stand up and quickly leave the room and let her be.
I hope she starts to learn how much I care for her. Even if I can't tell her verbally. I just want her to understand. And I'm now I'm a personal mission to show her physically how much I care.
She will know.

Angels P.O.V (sorry-last time!)

I stare dumbfounded at the vivid red, perfectly  bloomed rose that lay in my shaking hands. He apologised. I wish I could've given an actual answer to his lil confession. But I just felt numb, empty.
Maybe if I just let his words sink in, I'll know how I truly feel. Know my true emotions.
All in due time.
And I hope that time comes sooner than later.
I'll just sleep on it for now.

*thought y'all would like a slightly longer chapter as an apology AND and huge thank you for over 1000 views !!! AHHHH! I love you I love you! Keep it up!