Ch. 23: His Many Faces

I wake up and find myself in the same arms that came in last night. I turn myself and see Valentino sleeping soundly with his lips partly opened and making small snoring noices.
I giggle at him and his eyes start to flutter open.
He runs a hand over his face and stretches.

"Morning" he says mid yawn.

"Good morning." I say laughing.

Morning Valentino is one interetong thing.

"Why are you laughing?" He raises an eyebrow at me as he sits up.

"You." I say covering my mouth to muffle my laughs.

"What about me?" He sticks his bottom lip out like a little boy who just got told he can't have a cookie before supper.
And he's just so adorable with his hair all ruffled up.

"Nothing." I keep giggling getting up from the bed and making my way into the bathroom.

"What ya doing?" He asks

"Gonna take a shower so I can start my day." I shrug.

"Maybe I should start my day with you huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows seductively.

"Yeah, no." I slam the door into his face locking the door for safe measure.

Once I get out I get dressed and air dry my hair and put it into a French braid that lays against my back.

I start to walk down the hall and down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Angel!" Ms. Lily greets me once I enter with a bear hug.
How can such an elderly woman have so much strength in her??

Oh wait...oh yeah. Ha. Oops.

"Morning Ms. Lily. Has Valentino come down yet?" I ask while regaining my breath.

"Oh darling, he went straight to his office today. I feel like this is a day where nobody bothers him. " she simply replies.

"Oh, okay. That's alright. Anything I can help you with ms. Lily?" I ask looking around trying to find something I could do.

"Oh no. Nothing for you missy. Go find something else, explore, read in the library, anything." She says while shooing me out of the kitchen.

"Well then, gotta entertain myself today I guess." I mumble under my breath trying to think of something.
Anything.

I decide to go see Valentino. Regardless of what Ms. Lily told me.

I walk in and his back is to me and he's arguing on the phone.
But it's all in Spanish so I can't pick up on nothing. Exception of a few simple words.

He throws the phone to the wall and it shatters into pieces.
I freeze where I was.
He turns around and sees me. His eyes are bright red. Pure anger.

"Get out!" His voice booms

I didn't need to be told twice, I scurry out and slam the door behind myself.
I rest my back to the door and slide down of full till I'm planted on the floor. I bring my knees to my chest and just listen.
His rage, I hear, diles down. But then I hear...sniffing...as if he's , crying?

I get back up and decide to go back in.
I open the door and see him at his desk with his face in his hamds with his elbows resting on the top of his desk.
He heard you enter.

"Get out Angel." He sighs out.

"What's wrong ?" I ask concerned for him.

"I said, GET OUT DAMN IT! " he finally stands up, slamming his hands in his desk and glaring at me with dark red eyes this time.

I take this as he doesn't want to talk or anything right now. I leave the room and softly close it behind you.
I decide just to spend the rest of the day up in my room.

I just sit on the windowsill seat and state outside.
What was wrong with his mood?
It's almost as if he has many 'faces'. Which represent his moods.
Happiness
Anger
Sadness
And they change so quickly. It's a bit scary.
But then again, he's supposed to be the most scary creature ever believed in.
But is such a frightening creature supposed to cry? Crying is a sign of both weakness, and trying being hidden so long.
But what caused these changes?
Who caused them?

I decide to leave it alone and ask him tomorrow when,if, he's in a better mood to possibly talk about it.

I decide today's a day to sleep the day away.

And that's what I did.