Ch.12:Mixed Feelings

I've been avoiding Valentino for days now. Scared that he'll just use me.

'I can't believe I'm falling for the devil. He can't love. He'll just use me and get rid of me once he's done with me' I keep telling myself whenever I felt like finding and talking to him. It hasn't helped much, but enough to stay away.

I'm in the living room dusting off all the surfaces when I see Valentino come from the hall that leads to his office. I just stay where I was and just looked at him. He obviously felt my eyes on him cause he looks up quickly so I have no time to look away like I was never looking at him.

"I know you were watching me there sweetheart." He says as he slowly approaches me.

"Just looking to see who was coming into the room was all." I simply reply while shrugging.

I feel two arms wrapping around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. And if course it could only be him...but I don't move.

"Why have you been ignoring and avoiding me?" he asks like a little kid.

I almost giggle at the way he sounds and with each word his jaw moves in a funny way in my shoulder.
But not wanting to give into him, I just shrug. Which I get annoys him at this point.

"I would love to hear words come out of that pretty mouth of yours." I hear him mumble to me.

I sigh, "I just don't know how I would handle being around you." I say softly.

"And may I ask what you mean by that?"he continues.

I close my eyes and try to think of the right words while the scene from days ago in his office play again in my head.

"Well, it's more how you would handle yourself around me. The other day may or may not have spooked me."I whisper the ending even though I know he heard me.

I hear him hum as he takes on what I just said.

"Tell me this Angel. Do I make you nervous?" He asks simply turning me around to make me face him.

I do the only thing in that situation I can think of doing...I look down at my feet.
I hear him growl lowly from his chest at my actions.

"You know how I feel about you doing that." He says in a scary time which makes me take a step back.
He sighs noticing the little step I took away and grabs my wrist harshly. I squirm and try to get his grip to loosen a bit so I can escape his grasp.

"Ow! Let go of me!"I wimper in pain and fear.

"NO! NOT UNTIL YOU ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION GOD DAMN IT!" He yells in my face while only gripping onto my wrist only more.

'Wow...bipolar freak.' I think to myself. ' And I was into this thing? Ew.'

I just keep my head low while I'm pretty sure I have tears running down my face at a fair pace.

"And why are you crying? You have no reason to cry!" He growls at me.

All this accomplishes is more tears from me. I don't want to be crying. I just want away from him, away from here...away from this life. It's awful and I want nothing to do with it.

All while I was in my own world, I get drawn back when he sighs loosening my grip.
I immediately pull away and start to rub my sore wrist thankful he didn't break it with how strong he was holding it.

"Listen, just follow my rules and things like this won't happen." he says looking down at me, "So you understand?"He asks.

"Yes I understand." I say barely a whisper to keep myself from stuttering or choking up from All the pain, fear, and tears.

"I promise life here will be so much easier if you do." He pauses...."Do you trust me?" he asks giving me a questioning look as if trying to search for something within my expression or eyes.

I look him straight in his eyes in disbelief.

"Trust you? Trust you?! I can't Trust someone who brought me here expecting me to be happy and trust right away!" I say angrily while glaring at him.

He looks almost taken back by me harsh answer.

"So I'll take that as a no?"he chuckles.

All I do is glare at him.

"Yeah, that's a clear no. Now I trust that you're intelligent enough to know that and not have me have to spell it out for you." I say letting the sarcasm flow with the words.

"Watch your mouth sweetheart. Don't want a replay so we?" he gives me a challenging look, "Now clean yourself up before you go to sleep. Your eyes are all red and puffy and you look like you just ran marathon." he says looking me up and down. Slowly.

I cross my arms over myself feeling,uncomfortable under his burning eyes that are busy looking over my body.

He approached me and puts my arms by my sides.

"Don't ever try and hide yourself a from me." He says looking into my eyes. And I see something flicker on them for a moment, but it was gone as fast as it came.

"Now again, clean up and get some sleep. It's been a busy night for you. I'll check up on you before you sleep, just a warning." he tells me as he turns and walks out the door closing the door behind him.

Leaving me there in pure confusion, I try and think over everything that just took place in the last 30 minutes.
Giving up I finally stalk over to the bathroom and strip down starting a cold shower.
The cold water felt calming against my surprisingly earn body and felt better within minutes.
When I'm done I change into some pjs I found in a drawer and walk out the bathroom. Just as I'm about to get under the covers I hear my door opening, I then remember Valentino said he would check on me before bed.

"So, did the shower help? You defiantly look better and more calm."he says giving me a quick look over.

"Yes thank you. And now I'm beyond exshausted and would enjoy a fair nights sleep." I say quickly just wanting him to leave so I can sleep.

"I would imagine. As you wish. Have a goodnight sweetheart. See you in the morning." he says to me in a soft, as yet somewhat soothing, voice that makes me even more calm.

'What the holy fuck? I just went from feeling nothing but stress and pain from him, to having him making me feel calm. My feelings are way to put of line.' I think to myself wondering why I'm feeling the way I am.

"Thank you...might Valentino." I tell him as he starts to leave the room.
He suddenly stops and turns around with a smile, a real (but small) smile that made me all warm inside. And the dimples...oh the dimples.

"I love the way my name sounds coming from your mouth sweetheart. "He says with a smirk and just closed the color without another word.

I just sigh and climb into bed under the covers. I close my eyes and greet sleep as it quickly washed over me.

Picture of Angel up top

Wow you awesome mice! 100 views?!?! I love you! Keep it up everybody...y'all rule!
(Btw..I'll explain why I call myself mouse and you all mice in a A/N note coming up sometime, a'ight? Ok, bueno😘👍)

~Mouse🐭