Ch.10:Feelings

For the next few days I've been helping Ms. Lily in the kitchen and every once in awhile I've been doing quick errands for Amanda (blondies actual name I found out thanks to Ms. Lily).
I haven't seen much of Valentino since my first day helping.
Which I don't know I should be glad about, but feel slightly upset about it.

I'm currently alone in the kitchen cooking lunch for Valentino. Who normally just had another maid deliver his meal to him instead of eating in here.
I'm so busy concentrating on cooking that I don't hear somebody entering the kitchen. It was only when I felt two strong arms embrace me by my waist is that I notice somebody else's presence.

"Smells good."is all I hear and that's enough to tell me it's Valentino.
His voice was smooth like velvet and his minty breath fanned my neck causing goosebumps to rise all over.
He had his chin just resting on my shoulder until I speak up.

"Don't you want your meal delivered like usual?"I simply ask.

"I think I'd like to eat in here today and talk to you."he says shrugging.

"Ok. Go sit and I'll serve you then-" I get cut off by him.

"Hey yourself a plate also. Lets have lunch together today, ok?"he says smiling at me.
I can't help but blush at that smile. It was just so perfect and wonderful.

"Ok. Just give me a few more minutes." I say quickly turning to finish. But I find him to still have his arms around me. Which causes me to not be able to concentrate.

"Umm, I can't finish with you, uh, here."I say struggling with the words.

He just chuckles and releases me and leaves me to finish.
Once he leaves I have to take a deep breath and hold onto the counter to help me keep my balance due to my now wobbly legs.
I knew I was starting to fall for him. I knew I shouldn't. But I was.
Once I was able to calm myself, I walked out with the Italian lunch I made for him...and myself now.

"Here you go." I softly say as I laid his plate in front of him before sitting down across from him and put my own plate down in front of me.

"So how are you liking it here Angel?"he simply asks while he chews his food.

I shrug, "Its okay I guess. It's not home though..." I say the last part quietly hoping he won't hear it.
I hear him let out a sigh telling me he heard me.

"I know it's not the home you once knew, but this be the home you will know."he says looking at me.

"But I don't want this to be home. I don't belong here." I reply back.
I know this will soon gravitate into a huge fight.

"Well you're here. You're stuck here. So get used to it Angel!"he replies sharply obviously losing patience.

"But I don't belong!" I scream feeling tears prick my eyes.
'don't cry,' I tell myself, 'don't show him your weakness.'

"I try and be nice! I don't make you a slave like the others, I let you sit and eat with me, I give you a proper bedroom instead of slave quarters, IM TRYING!" he screams back.
I take notice that his warm chocolate brown eyes are now red eyes full of fury.

Before things got any worse, I ran out the kitchen and up the stairs to my bedroom. I knew I would be in trouble because I'm pretty positive I broke a rule. Which one...I don't know. And I didn't want a punishment. I just wanted to go home.
I got to my room and knowing only the bathroom door locks from the inside, I ran in there locking the door behind me and sliding my back down it and landed in the floor hugging my knees to my chest.

I stay in that position until I hear the bedroom door open.

"Angel..Angel where are you?"I hear a slightly worried voice.
I knew it was Valentino. I mean, who else?

I stayed where I was not moving a single muscle. Listening.
Then I hear footsteps approaching the bathroom door and the knob wiggle.

"I know you're in there. Come out so I can speak to you." I hear him say in a semi-calm voice. Like he's trying to control himself.

Not wanting to get hurt or possibly die not knowing what he's capable of, I slowly stand up and unlock the door.
I slowly open it and come face to face with Valentino. Whose looking down at me.
There's something in his eyes, but I can't tell what it is. But I do know that they're back to their beautiful brown color.
I also notice his hairs a bit wild. As if he's been running his hands though it repeatedly in frustration.

'Was he upset from our argument earlier?' I wonder to myself.

"Are you okay?" he sincerally asks me with some concern.

"Yes." is all I reply with while putting my head down.

I hear him sigh and feel his fingers softly go under my chin gently moving my face upwards to meet his.

"Don't lie to me. And don't ever put your head down again while I'm speaking to you okay?" he says softly like if he speaks to loud I'll shatter. "Now truthfully answer me this time, are you ok?" he says looking in my eyes as if searching for something.

"N-not really."I answer shaky thinking he won't like my answer.

I close my eyes expecting to unleash his fury once again. But I never hear anything. But instead, he wraps his arms around my small body and pulls me into his chest.

"I'm sorry." he says softly while holding me in a strong, yet comforting embrace.

I don't reply. I just absorb this moment knowing it'll rarely happen ever again.

After being in that position for long enough, he lets me go. I'm actually saddened by the action. I meet his eyes and see him giving me a small smile.
He brings a large hand up to my face and strokes my face.

"You should go to sleep. Its been a long day and there's still tomorrow." He says with a gentle voice.

And with that he mutters a goodnight and leaves me standing in the middle of my room.
I change and hop into bed with a slight smile on my face.

'yup, I'm falling for the devil. I've caught feelings' I think to myself as I close my eyes and let darkness take over.