Ch.11:¿Por Que?

It's been about a week since that night. I have gone back to helping as normal. But haven't seen Valentino. I've been told he just occupies himself in his office when it isn't nighttime.
I'm washing the tables when Ms. Lily approaches me with a tray with food on it.

"Would you be a darling and deliver this to Mr. Valentino?" she asks sweetly, "Isabelle normally does it but she woke up awfully sick this morning."

"But-" I start

"Oh thank you dear! He's in his office so take it there!" she says turning around and walking away.

'looks like we're bringing him his food now I guess...' I think to myself.

I walk down a hallway towards the two large French doors that are to his office.
I take in a deep breath before I knock twice on the doors.

"Enter."comes a strong voice from the other side.

I open the doors and walk in with as much confidence I can muster up.

"I have your lunch for you sir." I say as I set it down near his desk.

He quickly looks up as he heard my voice. I saw his eyes go from hard to soft when they met my own.

He smiles and says, "I told you, it's Valentino. Not sir, not master, Valentino."

I really want to know why he hasn't talked to me or even let me simply see him since that night a week ago.
I quickly search for the littlest ounce of courage I could find in my nervous body.

"How come I haven't seen you for an entire week?" I ask quickly and regreting asking.

He raises a curious eyebrow looking at me, " ¿por que? " He repeats. "Because I believed it would be best to be separated for awhile. Has it been bothering you?"he asks with that killer smirk.

I straighten myself, "In fact Valentino, it has actually."

He leans back in his chair folding his hands into his lap. "And why has it Ms. Angel?"

All I do is glare at him. Not wanting to answer his question.

'oh just because I'm falling for you and always want you around. So yeah.' I recite in my head.

"Just...just because it has."I answer shrugging like it's nothing even though I feel it is something. I just don't want him to know that.

"Mmhmm," He hums, " I know there's a different answer. But I'll wait till you admit it." he says with that deadly smirk of his that makes me want to kiss it.

"So, are my services no longer needed?" I ask wanting to leave before I do something I'll regret later on.

"Actually," he says while standing and coming around to the front of the desk right in front of me," I think I'd like for you to keep me company."

I'm startled by that comment.

"Umm..you sure?" I ask.

He gives me a reassuring smile that makes my insides melt just looking at that perfect smile and his dimples. He's just so tempting.

"Now, come by my desk with me." he commands while sitting back down in his large chair.
I follow his orders and follow him and just stand beside him.

"Now take a seat."he smirks

'Oh fucking Christ that smirk again' I tell myself.

"Uhh..where?" I ask looking around for a chair near him.

I'm than suddenly tugged down and end up in his lap.

"Right here."he whispers in my ear once again causing goosebumps to rise on my body.

I sit frozen as he chuckles at me.

"Tell me Angel, do I make you nervous?" he says putting a hand in my thigh where my cleaning outfit has slightly ridden up.

I stay frozen. My goosebumps growing.

"I'll take that as a yes." he whispers as his hand keeps going up.

I know I'm falling for him, but this is way too fast for me.
I quickly stand up and back away from him.

He looks at me with concern, "Are you okay?"

I just repeatedly shake my head.

"I-I beter g-get going now." I stammer from what just happened.
I then turn and run out the door and the last thing I hear was him calling my name behind me. But I ignore it and keep going ignoring his voice and telling myself not to look back at him.
I never do.

*Huge shout out to my awesome Spanish teacher Señor Estabrook for letting me work on this during class! Only request was that I have a Spanish title in case you were wondering about that! Haha.
Mucho Gracias Señor Esatabrook! ;)
-Mouse🐭