Ch.8: Rules

Angels P.O.V

It's been 3 days. 3 days since I came to hell, literally. 3 days since I've last seen him. 3 days since I've been out of this damned room. 3 days since I've last eaten.
I wake up and decide to shower hoping that'll help me in some way.
I walk to the bathroom grabbing the pair of clothes that always show up every morning on top of the dresser in my--, wait, this room. I turn on the water to a comfortable tempeture and strip down.

Once I'm done showering I wrap myself in a warm, fluffy towel. Once I'm dried off I put on the clothes and brush my brown hair and again, have to skip makeup due to none being around.
I look at my reflection and sigh then exit the bathroom.

I start to walk towards the bed where I just sit, alone.

"Bout time you get out of there." I hear coming from behind me.

I turn around to be greeted by none other then the devil himself.
I quickly look down not wanting to look into his eyes.

I hear him get up from the chair he was occuping and know he's approaching me.

"Your 3 days of punishment are up. Are you finally going to listen to me?" he asks.

All I do is nod as an answer not being able to find my voice.

I can feel his smirk growing on his face.

"Good girl. So while we're down there, you can be fed, and I can go over some rules I have for you to follow of mine. And I want you to understand. Follow these rules, everything will go just fine. But if you don't, there will be concenquences for your actions. Understood?" he asks.

Again, I just nod wanting nothing more then to get out of this damned bedroom.

"Perfect, let's go then." he says opening the door waiting for me to follow him.
Which I do just wanting to finally get some food. I'm so fucking hungry right now it's not even anywhere close to funny. Well, maybe for him it is.

Once we're downstairs he leads me into the kitchen. Which is HUGE I may add. I take a deep breath in and take in the delicious smell of food.
I see an older looking lady bustling around and I'm guessing she's the cook making what I assume is breakfast. I think it's morning, but I lost any track of time After the first 2 days.

Valentino suddenly stops.

"Morning Ms.Lily. What's on the menu this morning?" I hear him say to the lady who I now learn must be Ms. Lily.

She turns around looking over at Valentino not noticing my presence.

"Ah! Hello Valentino!!" she says happily. "I'm making pancakes this morning with both blueberries and strawberries. Your favorite."she says winking at him in the end.

He laughs at her statement. And I take notice that he had very dominant dimples.
'Wow..those dimples make him look more attractive th-wait. No no Angel. No thinking that. He's our captor!' I scold myself.

She starts to get back to work when she suddenly stops quickly turning around looking at me. She comes over to where we are and looks me over. I was nervous until I see her smile at me.

"Well, may I ask who this gorgeous young lady is?" she asks towards Valentino.

"An offering I took a few days ago.."he says slowly looking down at me. I feel his eyes on me but keep my head low.

"An offering?! Who would offer such a beauty?" she rants. "May I ask your name darling?"

'Ok, I like this lady. Keep her close.' I take note to myself.

"Angel miss."I answer as quietly as I can.

"Angel huh? What a beautiful name for a beautiful child." she exclaims brining me into a hug.
I'm taken back from the hug. I don't return it, but I don't reject it either.

She releases me, "My you're skinny girl! Luckily I made extra so I'm make sure you're well fed, ok?"she says to me with a huge smile on her face.

I just return a small smile and nod eagerly.

"Alright! Food will be ready in just a minute so sit down and relax you two!"she says quickly returning back to her baking.

I sit down at the table and I hear Valentino pull a chair back in the other side right across from me.

He folds his hands together in the top of the table.

"Now. We have some time. Lets go over the rules now shall we?"

I keep looking down at the table running my fingers over the surface.

"Rules 1, don't ignore me. I hate it and I find it a way of disrespect." He says in a tight voice.

Not wanting to anger him at this moment at look up at him. And I'm taken back as I do it. He no longer has his red eyes, but these beautiful bright brown ones. And his hair is styled up. And I take in his face. His strong jawline, the slight stubble along it.

'Snap out of it Angel!' I shake my head slightly breaking myself out of my little fanstasy moment.

I see him smile noticing the little action.

"Now that you're done admiring me,"he cockily says smirking,"Rule 2- obey all and any orders I give you. Rule 3- no trying to escape. Trust me, you won't get far if you do. Rule 4- you will work. Not exactly a slave..I have plenty of those. But just doing easy things like helping Ms. Lily in the kitchen or assisting the slaves with cleaning, laundry, whatever. Get what I'm saying?" he looks at me.

"Yes I do." I simply reply.

He smiles, "Good, now last rule. Rule 5- to disobey any of the other rules, you will be punished based on the action."

"Ok."is all I say just as Ms. Lily comes over with two plates pulled with pancakes.

My stomach growls at the sight and smell of food.
Ms. Lily just giggles at the sound.

"Well, bon apetite!" she happily says while leaving to clean up the kitchen.

I just stare at the food not knowing exactly what to do.

"The food is made to eat, not to admire there sweetheart."he says smirking at me as he chews his food.

I ignore the fact he called me sweetheart and dig into my pancakes moaning at the deliciousness of it. Savoring the taste as if I'll never taste it again.

Once I'm finished I take my plate to Ms. Lily helping her clean the dishes.

"Oh sweetie I got all this. You don't need to help. Just go with Valentino and see what he needs you to do." she tells me.

"Ok..umm..thank you Ms. Lily?"I say in more of a questioning tone.

"But of course sweetie!" she says hugging me for the second time this morning.

"Now shoo! Go to Valentino!" she ends winking at me turning back around going back to work.

I go back and find Valentino in the living room.
He sees me coming in and stands up.

"Ready to get to work?" he asks folding his arms behind his back.

"Yes." is all I say.

"Then let's go." he says giving me that smirk that never seems to leave his face.

'Well...here we go.'