Fighting Warlocks for Dummies

Mr. Bermuda’s first period social studies class left the auditeria with looking confused, bruised and a little shell shocked. I walk out looking equally lost but am honestly just not trying to demolish the building. That stupid, careless, heartless warlock! Didn’t he realize that an outburst like that could have gotten somebody killed? I know how he felt, I felt it the first day he came here and I realized he was a warlock but it’s not like I flipped out! On the outside anyway.

            On top of that he made me use magic! The only magic I ever use is telepathy with my textbooks on occasion and I don’t actually count that as magic which is why I previously claimed to have never ever have used magic at school before. I know that these kids and Mr. Bermuda just think that the skit went badly and the curtains crashed on everyone but it’s still way too risky.

            So far today I’ve both embarrassed and hacked off a warlock who is, truthfully, much more powerful than I originally thought and broke up a fist fight with a curtain rod. On top of that I now have a scheduled fight after school with the same warlock as mentioned previous. Blake Kindley came up to me after class with an emotionless look on his face and told me to meet him at 6 in the middle of downtown Rockyglenn, in front of the restaurant Annie’s. It was obvious that Blake was being mind-possessed by that stupid warlock so I nodded and told him to hurry to his next class. Blake seemed to snap out of it a couple seconds after walking away and just shook his head in confusion.

            I catch sight of Dominico only once before lunch. I’m walking down the hallway to fourth with Jaz when I see his jet black hair and clothes and those glowing silver eyes. He sees me too and sends me a look that could kill. I just ignore him. I could glare at him until my eyes froze like that and that wouldn’t even make Dominico flinch so this is my other option. Mission Ignore and Destroy. OK, so maybe ‘destroy’ is a little extreme but at approximately 6 o’clock this evening Dominico Redwind is going to be taught a lesson that he won’t forget. Ever. Jaz looks between us, sensing our hatred.

            “Hey, what’s up with you and Dominico?” she asks, gently elbowing my arm. Jaz has on her I’m-your-best-friend-you-can-tell-anything-to face. I shake my head,

            “You know how I thought Vance Fredrick was the biggest jerk in the school?” I ask. Jaz nods. “He just got bumped down to second place.” I say. I make sure to say it loud enough so that when we pass by Dominico, I know he hears it. I steal a single quick, eye-darting glance at him and see him struggling to hold his glare. He’s a shade paler than usual and he looks almost…ashamed.

 Serves him right. Stupid warlock. Emphasis on Stupid please. I don’t even care that he’s a warlock at this point. Izabella is a warlock and she’s kind. Of course Dominico had told her all about me being a witch which is why I flinched when I found a note from her stuffed in my locker. A smile crept onto my face as I read,

Hey Faye! Dominico told me that you’re a witch. Just sayin’, AWESOME TO HAVE ANOTHER W-MEMBER AROUND!!!I so didn’t see that coming!!! Clever with the broken washer cover!;) Can you talk to my locker by the way? I’m convinced it hates me. Well, see you at lunch!

Magically yours!

Izabella

p.s. The walls are also mean. They’re always running into me! Put in a word on my behalf please?

p.p.s. Ignore Dominico. He’s stupider than a stack of bricks.

Izabella is an awesome friend. Even I was more skeptical than that about warlocks. Not that anyone has to know that I went off like fireworks on the fourth of July when Dominico stepped into Social Studies that first day. Pfft. I don’t know what you’re talking about…