That's it. I HATE psychopathic wizards. ESPECIALLY when they're out to get me.

Ugh. I don't want to get up. I look at my clock. 8:06 A.M. 8:06?!?!?! It's like second period already!!! I jolt up in bed and throw off my covers before realizing, duh, it's Saturday. I lie back down. No rush. It's been almost two weeks since my fight with Dominico-I mean date with Daniel. Not thinking about Dominico. Nope. Nada.

Yeah, right. I sigh. Honestly, Dominico hasn't been off my mind at all in the past two weeks. He may be a contestant for the most annoying male on earth. And if he's not a contestant, he's the winner. I roll out of bed, almost stepping on Rowan's tail, and get dressed. I have no intention of going anywhere today so I just throw on a pair of stretchy jeans and a blue yarn sweater. I give myself a quick haircut before pulling my shoulder-length hair into a ponytail.

When I hop down the steps to the kitchen I see a note on the counter from my mom,

'Went to see Grandma -should be come around three. Love you. Make breakfast. Do laundry. Talk to people (Humans. Rowan doesn't count). -Mom' Ugh. So much work. I have to talk to people? This is bogus. I pour myself a bowl of generic utterly tasteless cereal while mulling over my own inability to communicate to members of the human race. Rowan comes prancing to my side as if saying, "But you've still got me!" Yes. If all else fails, I'll still have Rowan.

DING DONG! ZAP! Oops. I should probably undo that. I hurry to the door to check on whoever might have been unfortunate enough to ring the Doorbell of Death.

"Are you alri-" I stop when I open the door. Dominico is lying on the front porch, clutching his arm which is lightly shaking.

"No, I'm dying. You killed me. Is death an equal punishment for my stupid stunt?" he asks. I can't help but smile so I bite my lip to keep it from showing. Dominico sighs. "Look, Faye," he says standing up. "I'm not going to tell you I'm sorry because that doesn't even begin to cover it. But I miss you, Faye. I miss you so much. Please, just let me come in," he begs. I freeze. Dominico showing up at my door was probably the last thing I expected today. I mean, a llama with a unicorn horn would probably not have shocked me as much as this... never mind. That would be really awesome and probably blow my mind. So this is the SECOND TO LAST thing I expected to see today.

"Sure," I hear myself say. What? No! He's a jerk! Kick him out, stupid girl! He smiles at me and I can physically feel my mental reserve crumble to ashes. Dominico walks in and Rowan comes to greet him but instead of usually sniffing him, he starts growling. "Rowan, calm down, it's just Dominico." I tell him. Rowan starts barking and baring his teeth in his direction. I pet him to calm him down and let him outside.

"So what have you been up to?" Dominico asks, looking ecstatically happy for some reason. He glances at the note my mom left. I make a grab for it but he holds it above my reach as he reads. "Talk to humans is one of your chores?" he asks. I jump up and snatch the paper from his hand.

"Why do you think I let you in?" I grumble. He laughs and wraps me in a hug. It feels different from all his other playful hugs though...less warm.

"Because you missed me too," he says. I laugh humorlessly.

"As if," I scoff. He smiles at me but something in his eyes causes me to shiver and quickly move away.

"I honestly didn't think my impression of P was that good," Dominico says. Why on earth would he want to go there?

"You could be an actor," I tell him. "Let's forget about it though." Dominico smirks at me and leans over to whisper in my ear.

"You want to forget about me, Fayeleia?" his voice has the cold tone that sends me reeling away from him.

"Seriously," I say. "Stop." Dominico starts laughing hysterically. I frown. Some apology, Redwind. Why would he do it again and then laugh about it? He buries his face in his hands from laughing too hard.