One big reason to not get caught up in politics

I break off into a sprint as soon as the word “Go” escapes Lady Fairchild’s lips. My competitive nature getting the better of me.  The floor and walls around me are tan stones, too tall to climb and there is no hope in the world to be able to somehow break it down. The way before me is relatively narrow but gives me plenty of room to run, just not maybe drive a truck. I run for a good five minutes, hard, before I see a fork in the road in front of me. Well, Eenie Meenie Minei Moe. I take the right one, hoping that it will lead me closer to the center of the course.

 I take three steps before the floor in front me falls into a black abyss. I can’t even see the bottom of that thing. How about I don’t fall down there. Sorry Rosaline. I look for a way around. Nada. I sigh and shrug off my jacket. This is my favorite jacket. It better not get messed up. I step on top of the fabric and urge the air to lift it up. Pretty please with a cherry on top? It’ll be fun!

Before I know it I’m a half a foot off the ground. Take that wind surfers! This is wind surfing. I urge the air forward and I’m zooming over the abyss. I make it to the edge of the abyss but keep the air going. Why would I walk when I can fly? As I fly on my ‘magic jacket ride!’ I start to gain speed. Faster, faster, faster. Does this thing have breaks? I try to think of a way to stop it just as I catch sight of a forest of granite pillars ahead of me. Granite pillars with spikes. Great. Perfect. It’s like someone knows me well enough to know just how to irritate me the most.

I take hold of the hood of the jacket to use as a wheel. I pull left and right to dodge the pillars. I make it through the first few without a sweat but they seem to be multiplying the further on I go. The harder the going gets, the closer you are to the prize. I narrowly dodge a spike so closely that the shoulder of my shirt gets sliced although my skin is intact. I should have played MarioKart so much more seriously. I look ahead to see what’s next. A line of pillars. Great. My eyes dart from opening to opening between spikes, looking for a way in between. Nothing.

50 feet. 40 feet. 30 feet. I look for a way over. Nothing. Not enough time. 20 feet. 10 feet. 5 feet. I DON’T WANT TO BE A SHISHCABOB! 3feet2feet1foot…. I dive to the right, off of the magic flying jacket. You know when they roll to a stop inches away from imminent death but totally unharmed in the movies? That doesn’t happen. At least not to me.

I crash on the ground hard, my shoulder twisting in a way I hadn’t ever made it do before nor did I want it to do again. I soft yelp escapes my lips on impact and that’s before I hit the spikes. I roll with loads of unwanted momentum toward the steel spikes. STOP STOP STOP!!! STUPID INERTIA! I throw my head backward to avoid having my brain on a stick but the steel still rakes across my forehead and across my arms and legs, leaving some nasty cuts. At least none of them are too deep. I highly doubt I will start bleeding out.

Strips of cloth start descending down on me. At first I think Lady Fairchild is being nice and giving me First Aid. Hahahaha. I should have known.

“My jacket!” I gasp. No! Not only did I really really like this jacket, but now my mom and Jaz with force me to go *shiver in terror* shopping. Board the windows. Hide the children. Lock the doors. FYI: I HATE SHOPPING!!!

This game is cruel! It’s awful! It’s sick!  I start wrapping my wounds in the remains of my jacket, muttering insults at Lady Fairchild and her stupid game the whole time. Well, if I don’t get a move on, Dominico is going to beat me. Like his ego needs that extra inflation. I’m sure if I don’t do something about that then the next few years at school will be a replay of his victory.

I stand up, a little too quickly, due to my slight dizziness, slight trauma, and massive limb pain. I’d say arm or leg but it’s both. Mostly my arm but my legs… ugh.