EXTRA CHAPTERS!

BETWEEN ROSE AND MELISSA'S POV IN DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Alec steps away, surprised and I just stare stunned. He's not going to try to listen to him? How is he the one thinking most rationally out of the three of us? Alec and I exchange a look before following him down the stairs. I'm surprised with how easily he acts natural in front of Faye's parents before thanking them and leaving. Dominico heads directly for the driver's seat before Alec can stop him. I clamber into the passenger's side next to him while Alec grumbles as he gets into the back seat.

"For the record: I think this is a bad idea," he says.

"Noted," Dominico says off-handedly. He punches the address into Google Maps before spinning the car out of the Lightcasters' drive way and starts heading down toward main street.

"Where is he?" I ask Dominico.

"Verona, Indiana. It's about two hours away from here," he informs me.

"What about your mom and dad?" Alec pipes up.

"Could one of you call them and tell them that we're going to be a little while. I don't think they'll believe me if I tell them we're fine." He says. Again I'm astounded at how clearly he's thinking. It's almost as if losing Faye has put his brain on overdrive. Alec nods and calls up the Redwinds.

"Hey, Mrs. R! Well, um... Dominico kind of had a rough time going back to... you know... so would it be ok if Rose and I took him out for a while and clear his head. He's in pretty bad shape." Alec says. "Uh huh... ok... sure thing... no problem... ok... BYE!" Alec hangs up the call. "Huston we are clear for lift off," he reports. I can't help but slightly smile at his antics. Alec may not be able to ever be 100% serious... but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

An hour and a half later Alec is asleep in the back of the car and there's an eerie and uncomfortable silence between Dominico and me. He's normally so good about lightening the atmosphere but now all his resolve to do so is gone.

"Dominico, you're going to be ok, you know," I whisper gently to him. He shakes his head.

"You don't understand, Rose. How do you think it would feel like if you met someone and knew that they were 'the one.' And then if you got to know them and they became one of your best friends and then you fell in love with them. And then, after months of working up the guts to ask them out, you do and they say yes. It's the best feeling in the world, Rose. Knowing that the person you care so much about likes you too and they want to be yours. But then someone comes along and takes them from you. Not by their choice, they steal them, forever. And you can't even see them again. Because they're dead. It feels like someone bulldozing over your heart over and over and when it's completely flattened, they cut out a piece with a knife and you can never get it back."

I sit shocked by Dominico's speech.

"I can't imagine it," I say honestly.

"You're lucky then." He replies, his cold eyes fixed on the road with a solid determination.

BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND THE CHAOS THAT GOES WITH IT AND PINK, LUCK, RAINBOW-BARFING BUTTERFLIES, DATES AND OTHER ABNORMALITIES

Star Wars Slumber Party

I lay at home on my couch watching reruns of Sherlock, clutching a pillow and screaming at the TV. CURSE YOU MORIARTI! I'm so wrapped up in the episode that I don't even notice the footsteps coming up behind me.

"NO YOU IDIOT IT'S THE TAXI DRIVER!!!" I yell at Sherlock, sure he can hear me. I hear a chuckle behind me, causing me to jump. "Sweet mother of Chewbacca!" I gasp at the smirking warlock behind me. Dominico seems satisfied with my reaction.