100% Chance of Hugs and Tales

Hey guys!!! First off, I apologize. This is a very boring, filler chapter. I admit it. However, I needed a bridge chapter so here it is. I promise the next one will be better!!! I'll update soon! I promise!

Magically Yours,

Rosewood7

For the first time in what seems like a lifetime I don’t wake up feeling like crap. On the contrary, I feel ten thousand times better. I let my eyes flutter open to see the two other couches and ataman strewn with the sleeping bodies of Mrs. Redwind, my mom and Izabella. Where’s Dominico? I sit up, a little dazed but feeling the need to move. To my surprise no pain accompanies my actions. I’m healed. I mentally plan my Thank You card to Mrs. Redwind.

“Faye!” I hear Dominico say. I turn around to see him already up and in the kitchen making something that smells really good. Bacon? Pancakes? Oh. I’m dead. I must be dead. At least I went to heaven! No. They’re all here with me. I’m not dead. I’m alive!!!

I smile at Dominico and stand up from the couch. He rushes from across the kitchen to my side. Suddenly I’m crushed in his embrace. I hug him tightly back. “I’ve missed you,” he whispers to me. “I’ve been going crazy.” He admits. “I’m so glad you’re alright.”

I squeeze him even tighter. I can’t find the words to say how much I’ve missed him. “Dominico…you have no idea…oh gosh…I’ve missed you so much.” Dominico pulls back slightly so he can see my face.

“Faye, I’m so sorry.” He says. He pulls me back into a hug. “I’m so sorry.”

“Sorry? Sorry for what?”

“For what? I was right there! He took you when you were standing right next to me. I didn’t do anything!” Dominico exclaims in pain. I roll my eyes.

“Oh yeah, Dominico. I’m furious at you for not defeating a wizard who you didn’t know was coming after you got your head slammed against the concrete to save me. Furious, I say.” I tell him sarcastically. Boys. Why do they always think they have to be Superman in the flesh? Dominico chuckles at my sarcasm and pulls me out of the living room and into the kitchen, further away from the exhausted bodies.

“Faye, you’re amazing. You defeated a wizard with a screw and a couple Disney songs.” Dominico says.

“The screw’s name is Simba and anyways, I was offended. You said I wasn’t creative. Plus he didn’t give me a harmonica. What else was I supposed to do?” I ask. Dominico laughs but I realize there are tears in his eyes along with dark bags under them. “You look exhausted.” I tell him. He shrugs.

“I’m alright…now.” He says, taking my hand. I frown. He doesn’t need to be literally getting sick with worry.

“You’re going to get yourself hurt if you don’t sleep every time you worry. It’s very unhealthy,” I reprimand him. He smiles at me.

“And nowhere in your story did I hear you say what you ate. So before you worry about me getting sleep, are you hungry?”

“A little,” I admit but then my stomach growls quite loudly. I feel myself blush and Dominico smiles, handing me a plate. ‘A little’ was an understatement. Heck! ‘A lot’ would have been an understatement! I practically inhale the bacon and pancakes and Dominico laughs at my enthusiasm.

“I’ve never seen anyone eat so fast in my life,” he states.

“Really? Haven’t you ever given Gracie ice cream before?” I ask.

“Many times. She had a record. You shattered it.” I stick my tongue out at Dominico and he laughs and steals a piece of my remaining pieces of bacon.