Epilogue II

Faye's POV

I open my bleary eyes and take a long breath of air. Oxygen. It feels like I haven't breathed in forever! My lungs burn with the sudden intake of breath. However, my breathing stops when I look around.

Where the heck am I?

The room I'm in reminds me of a pristine hospital room. The floor is white tile without a speck of visible dust on it. Ugh. Too clean. The walls are the same blinding white and a bunch of machines and life support systems are hooked up to various sockets throughout. I do a double take at some of the machines. What kind of technology is this? It definitely wasn't there last week after the whole poisoning incident. Was that last week or today? I don't know.

Wait, why aren't I lying down? I look around and see myself hooked onto a stretcher that's up against the wall, in a vertical position. Next to me I see Dominico hooked up in a similar way. As I try to take everything in, he opens his eyes too.

"What in the-" he starts.

"Umm... hi," is the only English response I can conjure up. Dominico looks around, taking in the room before turning back to me.

"Faye?"

"Yup?"

"Did I miss something?" he asks.

"Yup."

"What did I miss?"

"Beats me. I missed it too," I reply. Dominico sighs and begins to struggle with the metal handcuffs. I let him frustrate himself a little longer before I use magic to get the metal to mold apart. It's amazingly difficult but I use my magic to override whoever was in here before. We both fall to our knees with quiet yelps when we fall from the vertical prisons.

"Are you alright?" Dominico asks as he helps me up from my knees and into a standing position. My legs feel shaky, like Jell-O, and I notice that he's swaying a bit as well. I nod in response to his question.

"Where are we?" I ask even though I know that he has no idea. He just shakes his head. In my head I go over the last of my memories.

"Wait," I say, "Where's Ryan?" Dominico freezes at my question, remembering what happened too.

"We need to get out of here," he declares. I nod. We walk over to the large steel doors and I carefully pick the lock with magic. Dominico forces it the rest of the way open. As soon as it opens, a loud beeping and buzzing go off. I look around the open hallway frantically. A couple white-clothed guards come running toward us with helmets shielding their eyes with black tinted glass.

"SLOW DOWN!" Dominico yells at them, grabbing my hand and racing in the other direction. We dart down the hallways, Dominico using spells to make people ignore us and me using magic to clear the way. Ducking behind a corner, we both stop to catch our breath. Outside of the white room, it now looks like we're in a museum. The floor is granite and the walls are limestone. The lighting in fairly bright and there are plenty of people milling around. Everything is so clean, it makes me shiver. I'm practically DCO... the opposite of OCD. Dirt compulsive disorder? I don't know. But this place is too clean.

The hallway we're down is a dead end and almost empty. There is a single mahogany door with a bench on the wall next to it. Sitting on a bench outside the door, two teens around our age stand up to get a better view of us. They look like siblings with the same narrow faces, strong statures and almond shaped black eyes. Vamps.

"Who are you?" all four of us ask at the same time. There's an awkward silence.

"I'm Dominico," Dominico finally says. "And this is my girlfriend, Faye."