Epilogue

Alec's POV

"See ya t'morrow Alec!" a voice calls down the hall from me. I turn and look down the granite halls of the Council building. I turn around and see an older witch waving to me. I shift my briefcase over to my other arm to wave back.

"See ya, Scott!" I call back and walk out the doors of the large church/museum like building. I walk out in the parking lot with all the other employees who are going home to their families. Some of them wave to me like Scott and I politely respond. It's been a long week. I'm just glad that tomorrow's Saturday.

In my car I blast 2000's hard rock as I go over what I'll be doing tomorrow. I got tickets for Rowan and I to go to a football game. I haven't told him about it yet, I figured I'd surprise him. He's in the starting lineup in his sophomore year and I couldn't be a prouder father. He's completely in love with the sport.

Gracie's the same way with lacrosse. The two both got my competitiveness, to the horror of their mother. Let's just say, going one v. one against each other has resulted in many broken bones. Gracie is the spitting image of her mother in high school. She's a year younger than Rowan and is ecstatic over making the freshman team. She got her mom's brains, which is good for her but unfortunately her brother is taking after me. Hence, he's being tutored by his best friend.

The drive through Indianapolis doesn't take long and before I know it, I'm driving down the Maine Street of Rockyglenn. I left for a long time after high school, but ultimately Rose and I decided that this would be the best place to raise a family. Melissa offered me a job in the Protection Agency of the Council so Rockyglenn remains our home. Actually, we moved into Dominico's old house. It was weird at first but we've come to accept the constant memories.

Izabella moved out of the house right after that last day. She went to a boarding school in London to get away from it all. She moved back after a while and got a job as a travel agent where she met Matt, who worked with her. They got married three years later and had three years later. They had twin girls, Anna and Stacy, who both had three kids of their own. Two of the boys, Walt and Rye live nearby and used to babysit Gracie and Rowan when they were little. Rye's sister, Andriana has a little girl of her own, Jezmine, who just turned 8. Izabella died before seeing her great-granddaughter.

Jaz and Will had ten kids. You can imagine the chaos in that house. I still have no idea how the couple managed but somehow they did. They both died on the day of their 80th anniversary.

Dominico and Faye's parents stayed good friends through their lives and the four of them died within two years of each other in Rockyglenn's retirement home.

Melissa went onto take over the place of High Wizard after Lady Fairchild who is happily spending the rest of her days in the Bahamas. She's busy tutoring a pair of wizards to succeed her later in their lives. She stayed good friends with Rose and I since that day.

I pull up the driveway to the large house and cut the ignition on the car before going inside. In the kitchen I can see Rowan and his friend Carter raiding the pantry for snacks.

"Hey, Dad!" Rowan calls when he sees me.

"Sup, Mr. B?" Carter asks. Carter's basically my son too since the amount of time he spends over here.

"Hey, Rowan. Carter are you eating all our food AGAIN?" I joke with the boy. His reply is cut off as Gracie skips into the room.

"Dad! You're home! How was work?" she asks, giving me a hug.

"Work was work. How's school going?" I ask her.

"School's school," she shrugs.

"Yep I'm sure Nate Michaels asking you out is SO boring," Rowan teases her. She immediately flushes red.