Double Trouble With a Shot of Sugar

"I WAS RIDING SHOT GUN WITH MY HAIR UNDONE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF HIS CAR! HE HAD A ONE HAND FEEL ON THE STEERING WHEEL, THE OTHER ON MY HE-EA-ART..."

"Ryan, will you shut up already?" I growl in annoyance. "Melissa can you make him shut up?" I call to the back seat where Ryan and Melissa are seated. Melissa pecks Ryan's lips to cut off the horrendous sound he's making. I see Melissa and Ryan exchange a flirtatious smirk.

"So much cuteness... I think I'm going to vomit," I groan.

"Are you cuteness intolerant or something?" Dominico asks me from the passenger seat.

"It took you this long to catch on? Haven't you seen how I dress?" I ask him. He laughs and nods his head to the side in agreement. I elbow his arm.

"What? I was agreeing with you! Gosh," he says, rolling his eyes dramatically. I laugh at his expression.

"So Faye are you going to vomit now because of the cuteness between you and Dominico?" Melissa asks. I scoff.

"What cuteness? I think we've already clarified that I'm not cute and one look at Dominico's face tells you he's not cute. I see no cuteness and he's being annoying so I don't hear any cuteness either."

"I was agreeing with you! How is that annoying? And do you honestly think I'm not cute?" he casts me his award-winning smile.

"Only you can make that annoying... or maybe you're just incapable of being not annoying when doing anything. And no, I don't think you're cute," I say evenly.

"Liar," Ryan coughs. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you think he's cute? Be careful how you answer, Lincoln, because your girlfriend is sitting right next to you," I warn him with a grin.

"Hahahaha, no. I think that YOU think he's cute," Ryan clarifies.

"Hahahaha, no. I mean, sure in that so ugly you have to take pity on it sort of way," I say with a charming smile at Dominico. He gives me a mocking smile back.

"It could be worse," he tells me, "I could have your face." I shoot him an offended look and he just laughs.

"See? No cuteness. Only a heartless ugly corpse," I say back to Ryan and Melissa.

"Corpse? I'm alive," Dominico argues.

"Not long after we get out of this car you won't be," I say threateningly. Dominico looks worriedly at me.

"Nice knowing you, mate," Ryan says, patting Dominico's shoulder.

"We'll miss you," Melissa nods in agreement.

"No help?" Dominico asks, offended. Melissa looks from him to me and sighs.

"I don't think there's anything left for us to do," she says sadly as I pull up to her driveway. "Nice knowing you!" Ryan and her salute as they jump out of the car, bringing their bags with them.

"Don't leave me alone with her!" Dominico calls helplessly out to them. I laugh evilly as they shut their car doors and wave. "Well I'm terrified now," Dominico admits.

"You should be," I respond. I pull the car into drive and start heading to Dominico's house. I purse my lips and my eyebrows draw together in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" Dominico asks me.

"Where to hide your body..."

"I was kidding! You're very lovely. Now let me live," he says. I laugh. It's been two weeks since P decided to stop by and now Christmas is right around the corner. However, the clouds only make the air bitter cold without letting loose any precipitation. Dominico looks up at me with puppy dog eyes.