A day accompanied by Dominico Redwind and a lot of head pain

Hey guys! I UPDATED! I didn't think I would finish today but I did! I'm so happy! I love hearing your comments so thank you to all who have commented! I love you all! Even if you don't comment, I love you simply for reading my book! And I would love you even MORE if you pressed that pesky little vote button down at the bottom! It takes less than .2 seconds! I timed myself! So please just click it and I hope you enjoy this chapter and next chapter you get to hear all about a very special new character who makes her grand entrance in this chapter! I hope you enjoy!

Magically yours,

Rosewood7

*********************************************************

I heave my suitcase onto my bed with a great effort and an unattractive grunt. Mission Jaz’s sleepover: Complete. Besides the last part being totally humiliating, it was actually a lot of fun. Definitely one of our best if not the best.

I can faintly hear the voices of my parents speaking in the kitchen. My dad was back from his council meeting, an event I have been both anticipating and dreading. Like I thought, he freaked out when he found out I was kidnapped. Luckily, I wasn’t around to witness said episode. My mom found the perfect time to tell him: when I was away with Jaz. Not that I’m off the hook or anything. No, I still am subject to lots of hugs, lots of interrogations and lots of grounding. Honestly, you’d think I was the kidnapper instead of the victim! Except for maybe the hugs part…yeah, no.

I start unpacking my lightly packed suitcase humming “All Star” by Smash Mouth (It is on the Shrek soundtrack and many of Dreamworks’ works are distributed by the Walt Disney Studios even though they aren’t technically part of Disney). I pick up my empty suitcase when I’m done and stand on my tip-toes to get it on the shelf on the top of my closet. Almost…almost…almost…

“Hey,” a voice says behind me. I spin around to see who the voice belongs to but my unstable suitcase collapses on my head. I let out a pathetic squeak of pain as I fall over backwards and land hard on the floor.

“Sorry!” Dominico says, helping me up. I can see him trying to hide his small smirk. I sigh,

“Why is seeing you always accompanied by head pain?” I ask, irritated. Dominico shrugs,

“No one has complained of it before.”

Sure,” I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Dominico puts a hand to his heart and looks at me with a taken back and offended gasp,

“You don’t trust me, Faye?”

“I trust you about as far as I can throw you,” I scoff.

“With or without magic? You either trust me farther than I want to find out or not at all.”

“Without and what do you mean not at all? I’m not that weak.”

“Faye, you can’t throw me.” I think about that for a second before taking a step closer to him. He takes an equal step away. “Don’t. Even. Think. About. It.”

“Please?”

“You can’t throw me.”

“Then this shouldn’t take long,” I point out. I wrap my arms around him and attempt to lift him up. He doesn’t budge. “Whoa! Do you eat bricks for breakfast or something?” I ask in another failed attempt. He laughs before scooping me up in his arms. I gasp in surprise at his sudden movement.

“What do you eat? Feathers and helium balloons?” He asks, spinning me around. He looks at me with a delighted smile. My heart skips a beat and my mind does a flashback to my confession in Truth or Dare last night. Say something, Faye. Anything.