Shakespeare in real life sucks

"OK, so according to Google there's Parrish, Patrick, Pauline- that's a guy's name?- Pearley, Pearlie, Pernell, Phillip, Phoenix, Pinkney, Plummer, Presley, Preston and Prosper," Dominico reads off the internet. "May the spirit of magic watch over those unfortunate children," he says, studying the names. I'm lying on my bed with my face buried in a pillow. We've been at this for hours. Dominico sits at my desk chair with my laptop in front of him with '7 letter names that start with P' typed into Google Search. Leaning up against the wall is a whiteboard with the letter P with 6 blanks after it. We've gotten nowhere.

"Any of those names ring a bell?" Dominico asks me, looking as sick of this as I am.

"Phillip was the prince in Sleeping Beauty," I say off-handedly.

"What about Parrish? That sounds like a sinister name. You know, like I'm and evil wizard and I want you to parish?" Dominico tries.

"I think Parrish was the name of the pathetic gnome in Gnomeo and Juliet that Juliet rejected after he sang her an Elton John parody. Then he got with a frog," I say. He throws a pillow at me. "Hey! What was that for?" I demand, glaring at the warlock.

"Say spoiler alert or something! I haven't seen that movie yet!" he says. I roll my eyes.

"Like Gnomeo and Juliet would ever not get together in the end. Come on, Dominico," I say, throwing the pillow back at him, only to have it returned.

"Way to ruin the magical-ness of all movies ever, Faye. Now I'm never going to feel any suspense for cliché cartoon movies ever again," Dominico says with a sarcastic moan. I smile at him.

It's been exactly a week since our 'date.' I am still currently unable to take the quotations from around it. It feels too weird. Even though he officially asked me out the day after so it shouldn't be weird. We still look at each other and laugh whenever someone asks if we're dating, which makes it even more confusing when we say yes. I think the worst part of this was having to tell our parents, and no they didn't get mad. They'd made bets! There was secretly a whole gambling debacle going on behind our backs this whole time of when Dominico and I would get together. We both left the house fuming and ranting for a good twenty minutes before returning only a little calmer. Of course, then they started to ask the awkward questions, some that parents shouldn't be encouraging, before we promptly left again, forcing Alec and Rosaline to come with us to prove we weren't doing anything. Rosaline was much more calm about this than either of us thought she would be.

She was in the crowd that just went, "FINALLY!" when we told her. Ugh. I'm using 'we' way too much in this. *NOTE TO SELF, ERASE BRAIN AND INSERT 'DOMINICO AND I' WHEREVER YOU'VE THOUGHT 'WE'. IT'S WEIRD.*

Ryan and Jaz were ecstatic. I told them later on at my house, thankfully when Dominico wasn't there. They both were jumping up and down for a half an hour screaming,

"FAYE AND DOMINICO SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, AND REPEAT!!!!!!" Meanwhile, I huddled in a corner with my face on my knees, burning with embarrassment. My grandmother was home at this time.

"Can we take a break?" I beg, snapping back to reality. "We haven't gotten anywhere!"

"That's not true," Dominico says, standing up from the desk chair before lying down next to me. "We've come up with a whole list of names that aren't his." I groan.

"Whatcha' readin'" Dominico asks curiously, reaching over to Romeo and Juliet on my nightstand. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Ryan's making me read it. That kid's got the whole play committed to memory! It's actually quite impressive." I say, hyperaware of how close he is to me right now. He studies the back of the book.