Chapter 6- Doctor Dare

^^Sexy Alastair^^

"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven."

Chapter 6
River's POV

"River?" I heard a voice call softly. It was a soft bell-like sound amongst the dark abyss that swallowed me.

"River?" the voice repeated.

I fluttered my eyes open, greeted by the scorching, bright sun. My eyes instinctively closed to block the burning light threatening to scorch me at sight.

Ugh, too bright. Go away.

I snuggled deeper into the soft fur around me.

Wait, fur? Where am I?

I jumped up, whimpering as the light hit me hard, burning me on cue.

Grrr, evil sun. I'll get you back one day! Just you watch!

"Did you just growl at me..?" Alastair raised a perfect brow at me. His hazel eyes blazed with child-like humor.

"N-no, I w-was g-growling a-at the s-sun..."

Wow, That sounded a lot less idiotic in my head.

"The sun?" He choked through a laugh.

I felt as my cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

"Y-yeah..."

"Well, the doctor's here. If it's okay with you, I'd like if he examined you before you go back to sleep."

Doctor?

I couldn't remember the last time I'd been to the doctor. Knowing my father, if I'd ever gotten sick he probably would have rather left me for dead rather than get me the treatment I needed.

"Love?" Alastair looked at me expectantly.

"Umm, sure," I whispered. I was a little nervous for this so called 'examination'. My knowledge of doctors was a bit scarce and mainly based on books that I had read when my father wasn't looking. Mainly to say, the doctors were usually more 'mad' than good and had a tendency to give shots of strange liquids and create strange mutant-like people.

To sum it up, my view on doctors were a bit skewed.

"Hello, River, my name is Dr. Besmere," A tall, light-haired man appeared from behind Alastair, he was an intellectual-looking man with small, rounded spectacles, covering a pair icy blue eyes, "His Majesty, brought to my attention that you're having stomach and throat pains?"

I nodded.

"Would you be willing to show me where the pains are and when they started?" He asked pulled out a piece of parchment and a dark, feathered writing utensil.

I nodded as I began to lift my shirt with shaking hands. I was never one for public nudity.

I low growl resounded through the room as Alastair placed a gentle hand on mine and faced the light-haired doctor.

"He will not be showing skin."

"I understand why you may be...possessive of your mate, but this is a matter of health. I'm not one looking for a strip tease." Alastair's eyes bored into the Doctor's before finally lifting his hand from mine. I pouted as his heat left mine. I quite enjoyed his hand on mine it was...soothing.

"Very well, however, you may not touch any part of him without my permission." He looked down at me with a warm smile as he swept his hand, almost feather-like against my cheek. My head automatically moved towards his warm hand, seeking the calming warmth it gave me.