Chapter 25- Luna

^^Confused River^^

"I am not alone because loneliness is always with me."

Chapter 25

River's POV

"Did he drink enough? He could be dehydrated," a nervous voice spoke above me, "Keith get him some water."

A grumble filled the room followed by harsh footsteps walking away.

I opened my eyes slowly, vision slightly hazy as blurred figures peered down at me.

"How are you feeling, love?"

Alastair.

"W-what happened?" I tried to sit up but a hand stopped me.

"Don't sit up yet. We don't want you fainting."

The voice was too soft to be Alastair's. I turned to a furry-browed blond.

"Michael?"

I looked around at the familiar sterile, white room.

"Yes?"

"Why am I in your office?"

What happened to the picnic in the garden? Why is my head spinning?

"You fainted, love," Alastair's soothing voice filled my ears as he peered down at me, eyes filled with nerves, hand shaking against my arm.

Why is he shaking?

"We think you may be dehydrated." My head turned towards Michael as he spoke. His arms were crossed. A clear sign of annoyance.

At me?

He turned towards Alastair, "how could you not have made sure he drank?"

Alastair pulled his hand from my arm, running his shaking fingers through his black hair.

Keith made his presence known as he stomped his way back into the room, cup in hand.

"Would you stop acting like you're five?!" Michael demanded as he pulled the cup from Keith's hand, almost spilling the contents onto the floor.

Keith grumbled on how what he had done the night before was most definitely not something a five-year-old knew how to do. A statement which caused Michael's face to flush before pushing the cup into Alastair's hand.

"Make sure he drinks the whole thing," he declared before yanking Keith by the ear and dragging him out the door.

"God, they just don't know when to stop with their lover's quarrels," Alastair sighed.

I wasn't quite sure what to say to that so I remained silent.

Was it normal for lovers to fight as much as Michael and Keith do?

"Don't worry, love," Alastair brushed my hair from my face as his hand rested on my upper back, pulling me up slowly and bringing the cup to my lips, "They fight like cats and dogs by day and f-...make love like bunnies by night. From what I've observed, Keith enjoys riling Michael up. He had once told me that make-up sex with Michael was the best kind of sex," he laughed.

Though I didn't find it funny. Not at all. Why would one purposely want to fight with their lover? Surely that was twisted, was it not?

I began to sip from the cup as Alastair continued, "they have had a bit of a strange relationship, those two, for as long as I can remember."

Strange relationship...?

"Keep drinking, love."

I hadn't realized that I had stopped drinking. He tipped the cup a bit more and I finished the cup with one last gulp. I felt a drop of water fall from my lips as Alastair leaned down and licked it from my chin. My face heated up as he pulled from my chin with a small smile.