Chapter 62- Entwined Hands

^^Alastair...'cause he's a hot tamale^^

*As promised there will be two updates this week. One today, Friday, and another on Sunday. Enjoy~!

"Even in the darkness, it's possible to create light."

Chapter 62

Entwined Hands

Luna's POV

I felt practically giddy. I had a name, one my human had given me, and the declaration itself was freeing. I wasn't bound by merely my existence, but a name that tied me to the world I was born into. Unlike the majority of my existence, I finally felt connected. 

My beginning was one of complete darkness, hidden in the deepest depths of a mind I knew no name to. I was alone yet knew not the name to go with the feeling. It was a cold, empty existence, locked away and unaware of where I was and who I was. All I knew was the dark abyss that swallowed me for as long as I could remember.

It was only when a sharp connection had hit me that I became aware, able to see through the eyes of my other half. I was afraid at first, confused by the images presented before me. I remained silent, merely watching and absorbing my human's life before voicing my existence. What I didn't expect was the fear that met my first uttered words. I felt it, deep in my bones as he did his, shaking as my conscience became apparent to him.

His fear shocked me, shocked me to near silence. I barely spoke out of mere panic. My human was terrified by me and I wasn't sure why. His memories were locked to me as mine were to him. We were different entities entirely. We coexisted but our minds remained separate. I felt unwanted and so incredibly alone. I slowly began to question my own existence, whether there was a point in my existence at all. It was at that moment of complete vulnerability that I was called, named by my human in a moment where he was as vulnerable as I.

I was no longer just an existence, stuffed in the back of another's subconscious but something of more importance, something deserving of a name.

"Luna."

My head turned to the sound of my name. Such a strange feeling, to be called by someone other than River. My head tilted to the cross-armed blond as he watched me from above, face scrunched in a troubled manner.

"Why are you over there bunched into a corner?" He eyed my balled up form.

"To conserve heat." Of course.

I hadn't realized how cold the nights were here until shifting into this form. In my other, I was warm enough throughout the nights. Though this hairless form served as useless against cold temperatures. I tried to shift back during the night but it proved as impossible. I wasn't even sure how I had taken this form much less how to switch back. So I took to doing the only thing I knew, finding a small space and conserving my heat as much as possible. At least with that, I could manage to sleep through the night, even through all the shaking.

River wanted to join Alastair in his bed but I feared his reaction lest he wakes up seeing me beside him. River claimed he wouldn't harm me but with the anger, I'd been exposed to, I couldn't help but distrust such a statement. Instead, I took to the nearest corner.

"You slept like that? Bunched up in a corner? Alastair didn't give you a blanket or anything?" Michael pivoted his head to Alastair's bed where he laid, deep in sleep.

I shook my head.

To this, Michael's stance tensed. My head tilted.

What was he upset about?

And like that, the man was on the move. His feet stomped across the room as his hands swung from side to side. He stood above Alastair's bed and before I could process what was happening, he lifted a decorative pillow and took to whacking Alastair over the head with it. The man awoke with a startle, jumping up with widened eyes, hair ruffled in awkward directions. It took him a few seconds to process what had happened but once eyeing Michael's form above him, pillow still in hand, realization dawned on him and a near comedic expression drawled his face. He was stunned.