Chapter 18- Playroom

Shout out to YuzuKittyTheSquish for making her own drawings of River and Alastair and for writing my first fanfic of "Cry Me a River". Thanks, Yuzuki! <3  

"I've got ice in my veins,

blood in my eyes.

Hate in my heart,

love in my mind."

Chapter 18

Alastair's POV

"Hello, Father Dearest and welcome to my play room."

A drop of sweat slowly swam from his brow line down the crevices of his face in a timorous travel till it landed in a silent drop beneath his feet in his darkened cell. His face creased in a horrified expression as I slowly ran my fingertips lightly against whips and pointed devices hanging eerily from the blood-stained, brick wall. An echoing clanging resounded through the room in an ominous melody as metal met brick.

Aah, what a beautiful refrain...

Olive skin met leather whip as my mouth widened in a sinister smile.

Aah, perfect. My most prized possession.

I lifted the long, leather whip. Watching as father dearest's eyes widened as I swept my hand leisurely through the whips elongated tails with a baleful grin.

"W-wait," A stuttered cry called from the darkened cell.

"Yes?"

Any last words?

"Y-you d-don't w-want t-to h-hurt m-me," he stuttered out pathetically.

"Oh, really? Funny. I could've sworn I wanted to rip your intestines from your throat and watch as you choked pathetically on your own blood," I hissed sarcastically.

His eyes bulged as he wiped the back of his hand against his sweat-cloaked face.

"R-River-"

"Don't speak such an angelic name from such a repulsive mouth," I growled.

"H-he w-wouldn't b-be a-able t-to handle my death," his voice started stumbled but cleared up as he began to gain more and more courage in his words.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I growled.

He's wasting my time. The time that could be used to produce such beautiful, beautiful screams from the disgusting creature before me.

"R-" I growled, "He's a fragile, weak creature," he laughed, "he wouldn't be able to handle my death. He'd break. More than he already is," He snickered.

Break? From his death? What the hell is this bastard spewing?

I laughed loudly, almost doubling over as the man froze before me with a quizzical look.

"Oh no, father dearest when did I ever say anything about killing you?" I sneered as his hands began to visibly shake, "Oh, no, no, no. Why kill you? That would be far too simple. I'm to torment you. Nice and slow. To watch as your sanity slowly withers away to nothing but the dust along your cell walls. And why by then you'll beg for me to be kind enough to allow death to befall you."

I watched in amusement as fear engulfed his every being, his eyes widening in terror, hands shaking, sweat building.

Aah, what a beautiful display of terror.

I brushed my fingertips gently through the tails of the black, leather whip. I brought it up to my nose, breathing in the sharp, bitter smell of leather against my sensitive nose.