Chapter 51- Flower Prince

^This song goes so beautifully with this chapter^

"I fell in love with the way you touched me without using your hands."

Chapter 51

River's POV

Alastair was silent at first and I almost believed that he hadn't heard me.

Shouldn't he react in this type of situation?

I opened my mouth to repeat it but before I could, the wind was blown out me as I was pulled into a passionate kiss. His lips felt like silk against my momentarily stunned pair, fingers like soft petals, gently combing through my hair as I lost myself in his comforting heat.

His breath swept lightly against my swollen lips as he pulled slowly, still hovering above my aching form, "What changed your mind?" He breathed.

It took me a few moments to regain myself as I hoarsely breathed through my mouth. He allowed me those few moments, fingers still gently twirling through my locks.

He always did seem to appreciate my hair. One of the reasons why I haven't cut it since I've gotten here, resulting in its now long length just below my waistline. Though, the thought of sitting in front of a mirror and cutting it unsettled me.

I never did get over my dislike for mirrors. After all, they never did do any good for me.

It was Alastair's coaxing breath against my exposed shoulder that drew me from my thoughts, reminding me of his question.

"You, me, a cultivation of many things," my gaze fell to the carpet by the bed.

"And these things," Alastair coaxed, "they're not the result of others but of your own thoughts?"

The result of others?

My eyes lifted from the carpet momentarily, catching Alastair's nervous eyes before falling back down to the carpet.

I nodded.

His fingers brushed gently down my cheek, pulling my attention back to him as he bent down to kiss me on the nose.

"Don't crawl back into your shell, love. You've begun to open up to me, to show me parts of you that I've grown to adore. If it was something I said..." he trailed off.

I couldn't help but be surprised by his words. No one's ever been able to read me as well as he could.

I shook my head, "No, it's only...I can't help but worry about what the future holds."

His brows pinched, "What do you worry about?"

I let out a shaky breath, "To where do I begin?"

He let out a short laugh, "it's normal to worry. It's been in man's nature since the beginning of time to fear the unexpected. Man can plan all he wants, but it's only the Goddess herself that chooses what's to happen," a small smile played on his lips, "but try not to worry too much love." He cups my face within his large palms, soft thumbs brushing against my cheeks, "too much stress can kill someone and I expect you by my side to love for as long as I live," his soft voice rang through my ears as a small smiled played on my lips.

"Okay," I replied breathlessly.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Alastair's eyes roamed the table as I fiddled awkwardly in my chair. Alastair had just declared the date of our mating ceremony, in three days time, and everyone at the table had seemed to turn to stone as the words took shape in the tense air now engulfing the air I breathed. Finally, Isaiah spoke up, breaking the silence.