Chapter 6

It's a new dawn, it's a new day and I'm feeling good

***

| Bailey |

"Bailey Bear!" Michael exclaims, making me smile. He and his mom have nicknames for each other, she's his Mama Bear and he's her Baby Bear. When I was younger I noticed this and wanted to be included, so Mikey came up with the idea to call me this. I smile wider at the memory as Michael flops onto their tourbus couch.

"So, how's life in La La Land?" He sings, and I scoff. "I do not live in La La Land," I say with a chuckle. He sits up with sudden interest, "Oh?" He raises his eyebrows; he's fishing. I roll my eyes and lay down on the couch, letting out a long sigh. "How's your tour going?" I ask to change the subject. Michael narrows his eyes at me, almost as if he doesn't believe me for some odd reason. What's not to believe? I only asked a question.

"Tour is great!" Ashton exclaims, emerging in the background of Michael's screen. I smirk as Michael rolls his eyes, "It would be if this thing would leave me alone," he jokes. I raise my eyebrows, "I know right, he's such pest," I mock the way Ashton always used to complain about me when he was home and he rolls his eyes at me.

I have to tell him. I need to tell him.

But I push the thought away. I just can't.

"Hello? Baileyyyy," Michael sings my name as he waves his hand in front of his screen. "Hm?" I quickly turn my attention back my phone; I almost forgot they were still on face time. Michael sends me a weird look before continuing, "You missed my fantastic story about my Pokemon adventure!" He exclaims joyously. Ashton sighs dramatically and shakes his head. "It really wasn't that interesting," Ashton says with a giggle. His giggle always makes me laugh. No matter how hard he tries, he can't chuckle. He only giggles like a girl, which we all find extremely hilarious.

"So, how's mom and Arden?" Ashton asks, shoving Michael away. "Rude," he whines, feigning hurt. I give a small smile, opening my mouth to speak just as Arden comes in, only she's not alone. Her boyfriend, Tom, is with her, and they're being all lovey-dovey.

"Hey," I call out so they know I'm here, but they ignore me. No surprise there. I roll my eyes as Tom hoists Arden up onto the counter and she pulls his shirt off. His hands slide up her waist and begin to lift her shirt up as well.

"Hello! Child in the room!" I exclaim as I jump to my feet and quickly run up to my room. I can hear Ashton and Michael dying of laughter in the background as I slam my door and lean against it.

"The horror, my eyes, they burn," I whine over-dramatically, sliding down my door until I'm sitting on the carpeted floor.

"Stay that way, kid," Michael says with a smirk. Ashton smiles at me affectionately, "Yeah, don't ever grow up. Stay my little sister forever!" He coos.

You're in luck, I might not live to grow old, my brain fires back.

Instead I roll my eyes and flip my hair, "Please," I scoff.

We continue talking for a while longer until the boys have to leave for an interview, so they reluctantly hang up. I lay down on my bed, feeling tired all of a sudden. Then, an all too familiar sensation washes over me and my throat begins to burn. I let out a sigh as I get up and run to the bathroom, nearly falling from dizziness on the way. I quickly drop onto the floor and throw up the contents of my stomach once again before brushing my teeth and going back downstairs. Thankfully, Tom is gone and Arden is laying on the couch again.

I walk into the living room with a stupid grin on my face. Arden turns her attention to me and rolls her eyes, but her cheeks blush profusely.

"Arden and Tom, sitting in a tree," I sing as I lay down on the couch across from her. She glares at me.
"K-I-S-S-I-N-G'!"

"Bailey," Arden groans and throws a pillow across the room at me, making me giggle.

"Next time, keep the stripping to a minimum when I'm in the room," I say, shaking my head and getting up to grab some water. She rolls her eyes, "Yeah, whatever."

I smirk as I lean against the counter and drink my water, "You won't be saying that when you make the mistake of having a heated make out session in front of mom," I say, wiggling my eyebrows. Arden's eyes widen in mortification and she hurls another pillow at me, almost making me spill my water.

"Bailey!" She shrieks, and I laugh.

We fall into a comfortable silence after this and make our way back to the living room.

"You have chemo tomorrow," Arden states glumly after a few minutes. I nod, "I know."

Oh, the joy. How exciting it will be to have deadly poison pumped into my body once again.

A/N - this was kinda short and also kind of a filler, sorry. What do you think will happen next? Thoughts or predictions? Let me know what you think! Xoxo - Em:)