Chapter 45

I earned my place with the tidal waves. I can't escape this feeling that something ain't right. I called my name as I crashed the gates.Still I can't escape this feeling that something ain't right

***

| Bailey |

Laying in a hospital bed tends to get pretty boring. I haven't been able to get up and walk around since I'm so weak; I can barely even sit up on my own now. It's weird though. I can almost feel that somethings going to happen. I'm not exactly sure what, but something just doesn't feel right; everything feels off today.

I decide to write Ashton and mom letters. I don't know what possessed me to do so, but I feel the need write down all my unspoken thoughts, just in case. I need them to know that even when I'm gone, they'll be okay.

My writing is interrupted when Ashton walks into the room, a smile on his face that doesn't reach his eyes. I quickly tuck my letters away and sigh, giving Ashton a look.

"You don't have to fake a smile every time you walk into my room. You know that, right?"

He bites his lip, his smile fading away. "I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore," he mumbles. I give him a sympathetic look and pat the spot beside me weakly.

"You can lay with me," I offer, scooting over and wincing as I do so.

"I don't want to hurt you," Ashton says quietly. I look up at him sadly and adjust the beanie on my head, "You won't. Now c'mere." Ashton sighs in defeat and slowly slides into the bed, cautiously wrapping his arms around my nice very sickly thin body. I lay my head on his chest, ignoring the odd feeling inside me as my eyes grow heavy. Ashton hums a song I don't recognize as I drift off into a deep sleep.

• ° • ° • ° •

"Ashton, stop it!" I whine, pushing my brother away as he continues to poke me. "Seriously, back off!" I sigh in frustration and smack his hand away sigh a groan, but he just giggles and continues his shenanigans.

"Mom!" I finally about, making Ashton roll his eyes. "Make Ashton stop being so annoying!"

"You sound like you're the older sibling," mom chuckles, appearing in kitchen with a mug as she watches the two of us bicker.

"Now you know how it feels," Ashton chuckles smugly.

"Ashton, leave your sister alone, she's doing homework. Besides, my other three sons are here."

I laugh as Ashton jogs to the door and lets them in, the four boys rushing over to the little snack buffet mom has set out for them.

"Bailey Bear, my favorite child!" Mikey sings as he waltzes into the living room.

"Hi Mikey," I giggle, continuing to type away in my laptop.

"Whatcha doing?" Luke asks as he wanders over and leans over my shoulder to look at my laptop screen.

"A history report," I reply, smirking as I look up at Luke and Michael's faces that are now scrunched up in disgust.

"Ew," Luke states. "I suck at geography."

I laugh. "I know. You failed it, I've heard."

"You'd think now that we're always traveling he'd be better at it by now," Cal interjects, walking over with a cookie in hand. I laugh as Luke huffs and shoves Cal's shoulder playfully.

"History is stupid. I mean, they're all dead anyway, why do we care?"

I roll my eyes, deciding to spare the boys on a lecture on how history helps us learn from our past's mistakes so we don't make them again and why it's important to know how things came to be.

"You'll let these idiots pester you but not me?" Ashton pouts, walking into the room with a can of soda.

I shake my head with a smile. "Yes, because they're only asking questions. All you did was poke me." I glance up at the boys' devious smirks. "If any of you even think about touching me, you'll be missing a finger," I warn, raising my eyebrows. "Now, in the most polite way possible, go away. I need to finish this," I giggle and shoo the boys away.

"Nerd," Michael huffs.

I open my eyes slowly, realizing Ashton is no longer next to me. The memory I was dreaming of fades away as I try to sit up, but am only met with searing pain. I wince and lay back down, remembering the day the boys came over and pestered me while I worked on my history assignment. That was in January, when they were on a short break from tour, and also before I got sick. I miss those days. I miss being healthy.

My thoughts are interrupted by another searing pain that takes my breath away. I gasp and let out a small, strangled noise as the pain grows. I try to call out for someone, but my voice seems to have stopped working. I continue to try to gasp for breath as a team of nurses and doctors rush in. I can barely even hear what they're saying as everything seems to be spinning and moving at warped speed. My ears ring and everything hurts, my vision becomes blurry as black dots appear at the corner of my eyes and and start to take over. I can feel myself slipping into unconsciousness, and then suddenly I can't breathe and everything is black.

Sometimes, the only way to escape the shadows is to turn off the light. But even then, some monsters are inescapable.

• ° • ° • ° •

A/N - oh snap, a cliffhanger! Will Bailey be okay??

Also, I know this is a little later, but what're your thoughts on SLFL Spokane? I think what the boys did was awesome, they're always going to new levels and taking the extra mile to make sure we enjoy their shows as much as possible. I honestly think it was stupid for them to banned; people with anxiety and claustrophobia should know not to involve themselves in big crowds like that. No one made them cross the barrier, either, the boys were just trying to be nice. I don't mean to offend anyone by writing this, it's just my opinion.

Lastly, ATL'S new song comes out at midnight! I'm SO pumped!!

Okay now I'm done running my mouth, so have a wonderful night friends. Xoxo - Em :)