Chapter 35

When I'm losing my control, the city spins around, you're the only one who knows, you slow it down

***

| Bailey |

It's hard to believe it's already been three months. Three months since I was basically given a death sentence, yet I'm still here. Three months since my life was completely turned upside down. Three months. A lot can happen in three months. A lot has happened in these past three months.

It's that time of the week again, to receive my IV chemo every Wednesday. It's also time for three month scans.

"Mom, don't be worried," I say as she grips my hand once I get out of the car. I, on the other hand, haven't decided whether or not I should be worried. Along with the usual anxiety that comes with chemo, I also have to worry about my scans and what they'll tell us and how to proceed, along with having to discuss the kiss with Xander. Should I be worried? I'm starting to think that maybe I should be.

My usual physical and not so usual scans go fairly quickly, mostly because I've been thinking about how to talk to Xander. I don't know why I'm so nervous, I was never nervous around him before. I continue wallowing in my thoughts as Zoey leads me to the Chemo Room, and there's Xander, with a huge grin on his face.

"Guess who's officially in remission? This guy!" Xander exclaims, pointing to himself. I gasp and rush up to wrap my arms around him. "Xander, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you!" He grins and pats my beanie-covered head. "Me too, it took long enough!" I giggle as Zoey hooks the chemo up to my port and Xander sits next to me.

"I thought you're in remission?" I question with a puzzled look on my face. Xander smiles. "So? Does that relinquish my rights to sit with you?" I blush and shake my head. "I suppose not," I say, trying to hide my wide smile. Xander sits back, seeming satisfied. "Good."

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Once Zoey leaves, I realize we're the only two in the room. I guess now's the perfect time to ask him about us.

"So, that kiss," I say awkwardly. Xander tries to hide a shy smile. "Yeah, I was kinda worried since we haven't talked since that day," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. I laugh stiffly. "I wasn't really sure what to say," I whisper, feeling a blush creep onto my cheeks. Xander gives me a reassuring smile, "Me either." I let out a slight breath of relief and adjust myself so I'm sitting cross-cross. "So . . . what are we?" I ask hesitantly. Xander shrugs. "Well, I personally like you very much," he says sincerely, making my cheeks heat up yet again. "Would you like to see a movie with me sometime?" I smile widely and try to suppress my giggles. "Are you asking me on a date?" I question, feeling butterflies explode in my stomach. Now Xander blushes slightly, but tries to keep his composure, "Meet me at the theater Friday at 7?" I purse my lips, trying not to squeal, but end up giggling like an idiot. "I guess it's a date."

***

"Hi sweetie, how'd it go?" Mom asks as we walk out to the car. She's started making a habit of running her errands while I'm at chemo now that I have Xander to keep me company. He even promised to sit with me every Wednesday while I continue my chemo since his mom works here. I thought that was incredibly sweet of him.

"Xander's in remission!" I exclaim as we walk out to the car. Mom drapes my coat around my shoulders as we walk and gives a smile. Maybe I shouldn't have brought that up, considering I'm not in remission . . . yet.

"That's wonderful," she says with a smile.

"Oh, also . . . Xander may or may not have asked me out on a date?" It comes out as more of a question rather than a statement, but it's all I can do to keep myself from squealing like an idiot. I don't know why I'm so excited anyway, we've been friends for some time now. Although now that I think about it, this is actually the first normal thing we'll be doing together outside the four walls of a hospital. I guess I have a right to be excited.

Mom stops dead in her tracks, turning to face me with wide eyes. "Now my baby girl really is all grown up!" She exclaims, pulling me into a side hug as we continue walking. I giggle as I feel my cheeks heat up, and they do so even more when I see Arden sitting in the front seat. I haven't seen her in awhile, but I've missed her.

"Ardy!" I exclaim as I climb into the back. She rolls her eyes at me and pulls her hair into a bun.

"Ew, stop that right now," she says, trying to suppress a giggle. When I was little and couldn't fully pronounce Arden's name, I called her Ardy. Looking back on it now, I don't understand why since they're the same number of syllables and Ardy isn't that much more difficult than saying Arden.

"When's the date? Are you sure you'll be okay? Where is he taking you?" Mom rambles as she gets into the car. Arden's eyes widen as she looks from mo to me, her jaw slacking.

"Who asked you out?!" She shrieks, making me giggle and blush even more.

"Xander," I squeal, finally being unable to contain my excitement. "We're going to the movies Friday at 7:00, so you don't have to worry, mom," I explain, and then they both start squealing like little girls. So of course, I have to join them, and we squeal the entire way home and Arden continues by dancing into the house singing.

As luck would have it, Ash and the boys are sprawled out on the couch. They perk up instantly as I follow behind my sister in complete embarrassment.

"Bailey's got a date!" She sings as she twirls around the kitchen.

I cover my face with my hands and let out a groan. "Arden, stoppp!" I whine with a laugh.

"Was is Xander?" Mikey asks. I nod my head as my cheeks turn beet red.

"He asked you out?" Calum choruses. I nod again.

"I knew it!" Luke exclaims, jumping up and running over to hug me.

I giggle as I slightly loose my balance as all the other boys squish me in the middle of their giant hug.

"Give me all the details this instant, I'll be taking you and picking you up and he better not try anything," Ashton says sternly. I can't help but laugh at my brother.

"Okay, fine," I agree. "But I think you'll like him. He's very nice, and chose the movies especially so we wouldn't wear ourselves out," I explain.

"Oohhh, get some Bai," Mikey whispers. My mouth drops open as Ashton smacks him with a pillow, causing us all to laugh.

Friday is going to be the best day ever.

A/N - Xander and Bailey are going on their first date! What do you think will happen? Let me know!

Also, Ashton needs to stop killing us all with his ruggedly handsome pictures, his new hair is killinG me. Does anyone else think he looks like 2013 Ashton again??? Why does he think this is okay??

Anywaysss, I'm really hyper but also really tired at the same time and I'm not really sure why... But I hope you all have an amazing day! Xoxo - Em:)