chapter | four

ch 4

ch 4. angry momma bear

A small ray of sun shined onto my face through the creases in the curtains. Grabbing my attention, I looked towards the bright glowing rays and spaced out for a bit.

Hmm, I must have left my window open last night. That's probably causing the curtains to drift open and closed with the cold breeze occasionally.

In moments like this, I felt so peaceful like my life wasn't a complete mess. It made me believe that I had hope like darkness didn't consume me. Like there was still a small ray of light in me. But of course hopes and dreams must always come to and end, no dream of mine would ever come true. Why should I get my hopes up? My mothers angered voice broke my calm state of mind.

"SASHA, COME TO THE KITCHEN THIS INSTANT."

Great, well I guess she's in a bad mood due to her tone of voice. Although no matter how mad she is, I'm not getting out of my bed it's too warm and cuddly and soft and holy shit I love my bed. Other than the fact that all my nightmares consume me here.

"NO!" I replied, then proceeded to roll over in my bed blocking the small ray of light and breeze.

"Sasha I fucking swear to god! Get your ass downstairs right now!" That one caused me to sit up in my bed quickly. Oh, crap, she never curses, that is unless she is extremely mad. This, is not good, not good at all. Shit, what did she find out now?

Was it the detention on Thursday? Or was it the food fight on Wednesday? Far out, did she find out that in failing half my classes again?

Was it me eating all her leftover pizza? Na probably not.

Oh, Fuck did she find out what I did to her boyfriend's office last night last night?!

I stood from my bed and tripped over the sheets before regaining composure; I sighed under my breath. Oh right, mom wants me, I ran downstairs tripping over my own feet in the process. FUCK ME I SWEAR!

If you can't tell already, I'm a rare breed of uncoordinated human. Particularly in the morning.

"I'm coming!" I yelled while I was sprinting into the kitchen. I paused out of breath.

There in front of me stood my mother, her small face crimson red. Oh shit. She opened her mouth to speak, and I flinched. Ok I know, I shouldn't be scared of a 4 foot 11, 45-year-old women. But come on if you were in my position, you would be just as scared.

"Care to explain this Sasha?" She pulled up the now empty pizza box, and I let out a breath of air. I thought she knew about last night. A pizza was something she would eventually forgive, but I don't think she would forgive me if I caused her boyfriend to dump her.

"Well about that?" I smiled sheepishly and backed away slowly, getting ready to make a sprint to my room.

"Oh no, you don't" My mother lunged at me, successfully tackling me. She began her attack, tickling my sides making me yelp and squirm under her small body. She should seriously play football; her tackles are deadly.

"Mommmm" I whined and laughed. She was the only person who could make me smile and laugh. She was the one who has always stood by me and cared about me. Even though I was the definition of a bad child, that never mattered to her.

Mom started talking again, and I snapped out of my daze. "I can't believe you ate my leftover pizza; now I have no lunch, Sasha." She pouted and got up, then gave me a hand up.

Was it lunch time? Wow, I must have slept in.

I now stood towering over her small frame, I have been taller than her for a long time. I got my tall 5 foot 11 height from the devil I'm supposed to call 'father' he was at least 6 foot 4. The smile that was on my face perished, and I began to scowl, he didn't deserve the love my mother, and I had once felt for him. Neither did Nathan, my 'brother, ' but I guess, after being the son of a devil he was raised to be one. But so was I.

That devil had successfully turned both of his kids into monsters like himself.

"Sasha, sweetheart what's wrong." My mother's voice called to me as successful snapping me out of my daze again; I forgot we were talking. I tend to do that a lot when the memories of Them get into my head.

I stared at her blankly, blocking all emotions from her view. I try to keep my emotions on the inside blocking them from everyone even from my mom; I don't want her to see the black hole inside me where my heart should be.

"Sorry mom, I'm gonna go down to the pizza shop and buy you some lunch ok?" I needed to distract myself and get my mind of them.

"Ok, Sasha if you ever need to talk to someone, I want you to speak with Greg or me. The three of us only have each other." I know what she said was meant to calm me, but the fact that she brought up her current boyfriend pissed me off. She knew it made me mad that she was dating the principal of the school I am attending, at the moment.

"Yeah, whatever Mom I will be back soon with your pizza soon." I walked past her quickly grabbing my keys and walking out the door.

I opened the door of my car, got in and slammed it shut. Somehow even though my brother Nathan and my father hadn't physical been apart of my life for two years, they still seemed to destroy every happy moment I have.

vote 💫
comment ⌨️