chapter | thirty-one

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

"Sophie, can you please pay attention," I deadpanned, getting bored of repeating myself.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" She requested innocently, Why did I even agree to this? I thought, I violently tossed my head back and looked at the dark shadowy night sky.

Countless different reasons as to why this whole situation is a stupid idea, ran through my head, making me groan in annoyance.

Which gained me more than a few judgemental odd looks, delivered by a group of fellow teens walking past. I shot them a chilling glare, causing them to quicken their pace and exit my line of sight like a dog with its tail in between its legs; I smirked in victory.

I sighed turning back to Sophie, more focused, she watched me with amusement displayed onto her face, "I said, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs and especially no leaving to go anywhere alone with boys or girls, I don't care if you know them." I rambled out, listing all my memorized rules. It took me a few seconds to catch my breath once I was finished.

"Sasha, you do realize that you're telling me the same rules, Vesper tells me everytime I leave the house..." She rolled her eyes playfully, jumping up and down like an overexcited ball of energy. My body instinctively shivered at the mention of his name. But I brushed it off like it was nothing because that's all everything that happened between us was, it was all nothing.

"Come on the parties over there," She pointed towards a house full of drunken teens, music that shook throughout the neighborhood, I could hear the screams of people jumping into a pool. Followed by echoing splashes and cheers of excitement.

"But," Sophie empathized dramatically, "We are over here standing around and being lame. Common! What happened to the mission; bring back the old Sasha Night?"

"This is important Sophie! I don't want to be responsible for you getting hurt." I frantically spoke, accidentally letting my emotions slip. She grabbed my arm and stared into my eyes, "I won't get hurt, I promise." She told me, her words laced with sincerity. I looked at her for a few moments, thinking, before I gave in.

I should have said no.

I should have dragged her home.

But I didn't, instead, I grinned and grabbed her hand dragging her into the chaos. She laughed like a maniac and I joined her. Our feet padded across the pavement; grabbing the attention of a few druggies hanging around outside, for a quick hit. I looked at their attire, it somewhat resembled what I would have to wear tomorrow.

We stumbled up the steps and smiled at each other before Sophie roughly pushed the door open making it slam into the wall causing a loud cluster.

Her entrance successfully grabbed the attention of a massive group of people, however, that didn't faze Sophie and she grinned at them before casually walking through the middle of the group. Who is this girl? And what did she do to my little Sophie?

One after one, they all moved to the side for her. She laughed before looking over her shoulder and winking at me.

Can someone please inform me what the fuck just happened?

"You coming?" She shouted purposely and then all the sets of eyes that were intently staring at her, snapped to me.

I nodded with a light chuckle and followed her path, my outfit was nothing like Sophies. It was simple gray jeans with holes in them, paired a white tank top and a black leather jacket. I ditched the weird nerd attire and I was loving the feeling to be back to myself. Well, a little bit of my old self... My hair was out and curled to look wavy, my makeup was smoky and mysterious; just the way I liked it.