Chapter 44: {Kidnapped}

Make sure to vote/ comment!  <3

Sasha

"Goodbye guys," I mumbled tiresomely to my friends while I watched them disappear from the driveway in their individual cars.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

That's when the banging and crashing upstairs started, my eyes snapped open. I could hear Sophie breathing behind me. At normal speed, carelessly. Not caring about the problems she had begun.       

I turned slamming my door shut.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I accused Sophie. She jumped visibly and looked at me with a pissed off expression.

"Don't you dare turn this on me, Sasha," She spat, suddenly angry. I took my lip between my teeth and tried to hold my tongue.

Another even louder smash reflected through the entire house, coming from upstairs which made us both jump. I released my lip, fuck it.

"That's your fucking fault, Sophie. He didn't need to know." I whispered harshly.

Sophie glared into my eyes with pure anger. I could see it, in her eyes and in her movements. There was so much she wanted to say to me, and right now she wasn't bothering to hold herself back.

"You know he deserved too. You're just too much of a gullible bitch to see that you welcomed the bad guy into your own house with arms wide open. People like you drop off first because you are weak. You are too fucking forgiving that you're a pushover. No wonder Chase targeted you," I couldn't believe the words coming from the mouth of someone who I had wished to protect, someone who I had grown to consider family over the last few months.

"I sacrificed everything for you, and that's how you are going to repay me? With zero trust? I told you that I wouldn't ever put you in danger and you don't even believe me!" I say to her completely bewildered, my voice full of emotion and pain.

"You can't protect me. You can't even protect yourself. I can't put my life in your hands because the second I do I'll end up dead, just like your boyfriend did. Because in the end who walked out of there alive? You did. That boy, he put his life in your hands and trusted you, just look where he ended up."

At that moment there was enough hatred inside me that I was struggling to breathe. My heart was aching as it pounding out of control in my chest. I could feel blood, pumping through my veins.

My arm twitched, and before I had a chance to control myself, I had slapped the girl I could no longer recognize across her face.

"How dare you," I pushed her back, hard enough to make her slam into the wall, she gasps closing her eyes in pain.

When she opens her eyes once again, I'm still there fuming. I glare at the girl hatefully, "When they come for you. Do not expect me to care. Now, get the fuck out of my house." I throw the door open, gesturing towards it.

Sophie laughs pushing herself off the wall.

"You know who else stayed behind when you got to walk out of that place with only one person's blood of your delicate hands? I stayed Sasha. You forgot about me and just left. I have killed more people then you can imagine, and I will not die now. And I will not kill anymore. Not because you are too weak to accept the truth."

I didn't trust myself to be able to talk, so I simply glare at her, waiting for her to leave before I lose control and do some real damage.

"Have fun when Chase drops the act." She mumbled, with that as her last words, she left. I slammed the door closed behind her and kicked the nearest wall in a fury.

Vesper runs down the stairs covered in sweat, I turn to him and nod towards the door.

He looked at me in confusion but understood the message and took off after his sister. Leaving me alone in the house with a pissed off Nathan, three oblivious adults and an enemy and a child.

I run up the stairs, taking a breath of air before pushing Nathan's bedroom door open.

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill him." Nathan mumbled walking back and forth crazily pulling at the roots of his hair.

"Nathan..." I said carefully. Not knowing how to approach him.

He turned fast enough to get whiplash, looking at me with shock and betrayal.

"How-How? Could you?" He stumbled over his words so fueled on adrenaline that he could hardly focus on each word.

"Look there's a lot you need to know, and you're going to have to trust me."

He took a deep breath of air and stared at me for several harsh seconds before sighing under his breath.

"Fine. What is it?" He sat down on his bed his jaw clenched as he patiently waited for my explanation.

So I told him.

-

It was late at night. I was walking around wondering what to do. Everyone else has gone to sleep. Nathan fell asleep. First, it took some convincing but after hours of trying to make him understand he put his trust in me and fell into a deep sleep.

Followed by mom and dad. After that, I checked on Chase and Emily who were both asleep on the couch in the play room. I locked the door on the outside so they couldn't get out. Then, I had to deal with Lavigne who quizzed me for a solid hour about why I was sitting with a constipated look on my face at dinner.

"What am I going to do?" I thought out loud. Fighting a force is a lot easier when you know who it is and what you're up against.

But when you're facing a threat that you have no idea how dangerous it is or hard they could hit you, that's hard. Almost impossible.

I involuntarily flinched when my phone rang. I rolled my eyes at my own jumpiness and pulled my phone from my pocket. Who would call this late at night?

It took a few moments for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the screen and I frowned when I saw the familiar name flashing, Vesper.

Did something happen?

I swiped my finger across the screen, "Hey what's u-"

"They took her! I- My head. They knocked me out, and she's gone!" My heart froze.

I said that I wouldn't care if Sophie was taken, but did I mean it?

"Who? Who took her?" I demanded. Running upstairs to see if Chase was still there with Emily.

"I don't know..." Vesper whispered fear clinging to his words, "Their faces were covered."

"Sasha lock your doors!" He suddenly yelled.

"They already are, hold on I am checking if Chase is still here." I rattled the door handle with the lock until it popped open. I rushed into the room only to see Chase and Emily fast asleep like they were when I left them.

"Vesper," I whispered into the phone, "We have a problem."

"What?!" Vesper exclaimed.

"Chase wasn't lying. He isn't behind this." I stepped out of the room and locked the door behind me. If it's not Chase behind this then who could it be?

"I'm on my way to your house now; it's no help to Sophie if they take you too." I agreed running back downstairs and freezing.

The front door was wide open.

Frosty wind tickled the back on my neck sending shivers down my spine. Before I even had a chance to take another breath my skull was struck from behind, and my body crumbled instantly collapsing to the ground on impact, everything darkened as I watched helplessly paralyzed as the world faded away from my reach.

A/N: VOTE AND COMMENT. If you're reading this, you're awesome because you're reading my story and I'm incredibly grateful of that! Lots of love <3