chapter | nineteen

comment ⌨️
vote 💫

He chucked the first punch at me, I dodged it easily. He punches were sloppy, he was focused on hurting me. Not skill. I wanted this fight to end, as fast as possible. He tried punching, kicked, tackling.

It was useless he couldn't get his hands on me. Once he tired himself out, I made my move.

I slammed the part of my hand which was in-between my thumb and pointed a finger, into his neck. Sending him stumbling backward, gasping for air. I didn't let him regain composer. I slipped my leg under his sending him to the ground, the crowd cheered.

Just as he was about to stand back up, I kicked him down again. I had him exactly where I wanted. I jumped on top of him and brought my hands to his neck. This was it. I looked towards Chase, he was smiling and making encouraging movements to finish it.

I looked back at the man. His eyes. Turning bloodshot, he was struggling against my grip, I could feel his speedy heartbeat under my hands, he was scared for his life. I have to do this, I have to protect the people I love.

I heard a crack. My heart stopped beating.

He was dead. His pulse stopped.

I am a murder.

The crowd cheered and shouted, showing how truly crazy they can be. I jumped off the dead body and stumbled backward. Oh, my god. No, god. Please.

My eyes dampened.

I looked around the arena, the world slowed down. His life was in my hands. I took it. And I ended it. But I had to, I had to protect those I love. I jumped off the stage and went back into the waiting room.

I did something irreversible. I ended a life. What if he had a family? I just took him away from people who cared about him. I'm so selfish.

My eyes caught the familiar shine of the mirror in the room. I walked towards it and stood staring at it. I couldn't recognize myself.

It was as if my reflection, was mocking me. Saying, 'Well Sasha, look at yourself. You became the monster, you always feared you would.'

The door was pushed upon, I didn't turn to acknowledge the person. I just stared at myself in the mirror. I saw a killer, a monster, a psychopath. I saw every aspect that I saw in Chase. In myself. He was right. I could become a monster, like him. A killer, like him.

"Good job princess," A tear ran down my face. "That $600 grand will come in handy." More tears ran down my face. I can't kill again. It's the worst feeling knowing that someone is dead because of you. Knowing that you committed the worst sin possible.

"I can't," I whispered, I looked into the mirror at him, he was standing in the doorway, "What was that princess?" Chase stepped forward towards me and then stepped back. He was afraid, afraid of who he made me.

"I can't kill again!" I shouted at him. Turning away from the mirror. I was in tears.

"Well I'm sorry, but you have no choice, otherwise people will get hurt," He said, I don't care anymore. I loved Ryder and my family. But they wouldn't want others to die so that they can live.

"No. I won't." I walked past him ready to go back to my cell. He grabbed my arm and pulled mine roughly towards him. He smirked at me as if he knew something I didn't.

"You, will. I think there is something you might want to see." He smiled, a sinister smile and pulled me down the hallway. What now.

We walked down a hall. People stood on both sides, smoking, drinking, fighting. They all paused to look at us as we walked passed them. Chase nodded towards the people in silent greeting, I just kept an emotionless cold look on my face.