chapter | eighteen

comment ⌨️
vote 💫

This chapter is still written in Sasha's past...

I cried once Chase left me, and chained me back up. I cried an amount of tears, that I thought, was not humanly possible. I was stuck, stranded, caged.

For reasons, I didn't even know. I don't deserve this, I'm just a child.

But eventually, it stopped. The tears, I mean. I guess, I used them all up after a while. You can only cry so many tears. I used them all up.

One thing I know is that, what Chase felt for me, the things that he was willing to do in order to get me to himself, showed complete and utter insanity. He was Insane. He was unpredictable. Dangerous. I needed to be careful of what I say and do around him. He could kill me and no one would know.

Most importantly, no one would care.

I was confused, when he visited me, he said words that had meaning but left me confused. Like he was telling half a story then closing the book and burning it in front of me.

Why would he want me to be angered? Why would he want me to have a fighting fire? Nothing made sense. He wanted me for more than just himself. He was keeping something from me. I was here for another reason, but what? I had yet to figure that out.

I hadn't seen Chase in exactly a week. I was still here, in this haunting cell. A guard, of whom I never saw the face of, brought me food every once a day, for the last 7 days, that I spent in this hell.

Just enough food for me to survive, a small bowl of chicken soup with the pink and white bones floating in it and yummy stale bread. Mmmm no.

I was growing crazy. I was itching to be free. Inching to unlock my swollen cut wrists and ankles. The cuffs they put on me, were cutting into my skin, making it swell.

Every-time I was brought food by the masked guard, he would give my 2 minutes to freely walk around the cell and eat , before I was chained back up.

My head snapped up, to the sound of the cell door opening. It must be the guard, coming early today.

My heart raced as instead of the cotton masked face, I saw Chase and his demonic body approach me.

"My princess," He smirked and continued walking towards me until we were nose to nose.

"Satan, nice for you to show up," After being in this cell, I was no longer afraid. I was angrier. I was craving revenge. Something that I never felt before. I wasn't myself.

He was changing me.

"My dear," He rubbed his nose against mine and I resisted the edge to slam my forehead against his, "Even the nicest people have their limits, don't push me to mine."

I snorted out an almost laugh, this delusional freak and his delusional words. Him, nice? Don't tempt me to laugh, I don't think I will be able to stop.

I leaned closer towards him, my lips brushing against his cracked ones.

"My dear," I mocked his words from earlier, "I would raise my middle finger in the air, but you see," I nodded towards my arms, which were hanging lifelessly above me, "I couldn't possibly. Unless you would be kind enough to unlock them?" I tried smiling at him, but it came as more of a cringe.

He stepped back from me and smiled like he got exactly what kind of reaction he wanted. He reached into his pocket moving his hand around, before finding what he was looking for. Shit, is he gonna kill me? Just as I was about to beg for forgiveness, he pulled out a familiar shiny silver key.