chapter | eight

ch 8

ch 8. newbie

The van halted, then the engine stopped after around 15 minutes of driving. I didn't know if it was exactly that long because the police had decided to take my phone and belongings on the way. Which I can assure you, pissed me off a lot.

I was surrounded as quietness for only a few seconds before the door was yanked open by a new officer, not one of the ones that were at my house. This one looked young around 25, and a lot more intimidating than the others. But I wasn't going to let anyone know that.

He reached out and unlocked my cuffs, then pulled me roughly out of the van, not muttering a single word when doing so.

How polite, a complete gentleman. Sarcasm.

I just lazily strolled towards wherever he was going to take me. I realized we were going towards the back of the station. The back of the station is where they keep the usual delinquents of this town. There are a lot for such a small town, but people learned to adapt and live with it.

You know I was just loving being pushed and shoved everywhere like a sack of potatoes. Really fun I recommend you try it. I was in the mood to get on someone's nerves. The officer pushing me was a real good contender for me to annoy as of right now.

"So how did you get into the police industry?" I asked as he shoved me into my usual holding cell that they practically reserve for me. I watched as he just locked the cell, and placed the key into his uniform pocket. I guess that I couldn't break out anytime soon. Well, at least I could annoy him for now.

"Hey psst, dude comes on." I had been at the station for around 2 hours now and I was getting beyond bored, the new guard wasn't even responding to me. I just wanted to know what my punishment was. Was it a couple months in juvie? Community service hours? Paying the school for damages?

In all honesty, I had no clue, but my best guess was one of those three.

"Bro come on! I'm losing my shit here, just answer me." That sentence was 100% accurate I was going to have a bitch fit if he didn't answer me soon. He was good. Generally I could crack the guards after ten minutes, I have been trying for fucking two hours and he wasn't even close to breaking. Maybe that's why the chief hired him as a guard.

I looked at his facial features he had a strong jaw line, chocolate brown eyes and brown hair that poked up nicely with slight blond tint in it. So in result, he was good looking, but he was still pissing me off beyond compare. One thing I can't stand is when people purposely ignore me. I have never been patient and I never will be. I learned to accept that.

"Alright listen here, you better answer me or I will chop your tiny little balls off and feed them to you in your sleep. Understand." He turned to look at me his eyes widening in fear and shock. Guys and their balls, so protective. He finally started talking.

"Calm down. I'm just doing my job, I was given orders by chief not associate with you. You have a very manipulative nature apparently." Got him, I always get to them eventually. But now I had nothing to do. Great.

Hmmmm maybe I can continue trying to find out what my punishment is this time. That will do.

"So what's your name?" I will make it causal, then I will ask. Always go to a war with a plan of attack. He turned to look at me suspiciously, before looking forward again. Oh no, he will not start ignoring me again.

"Do you remember my earlier threat? I can still do it if I want. Don't test me, dude." I made my threat sound dark and sinister. But it didn't work he just continued to ignore me, well then. I guess I'm gonna have to give my new friend a nickname.

"Newbie" I stated to myself.

"I'm gonna call you, newbie. If you're not going to tell me your name that's what I will call you." He looked at me strangely, but I just shrugged in response, that's the way my brain works people.

"Why newbie?" he asked me, apparently he was confused by my choice of a nickname.

Such a Dumb ass.

Maybe that's what I should call him; he suits it.

"Well, you're a new member to this town, I'm guessing? So you're a new employee to this police station... " I trailed off, hoping his small brain would catch on.

All of a sudden his eyes widen in realization and he laughed, he laughed a lot. I mean the kind of crazy uncontrollable smile. I stared at him. Was he on crack? What the fuck.

"Dude calm down." I backed away into the corner of the holding cell away from the newbie. He was freaking me out now.

He finally composed himself and stood back up straight. His face was still a red tint from laughing so hard. I looked at him and motioned for him to explain what was so funny.

"Sasha I'm not a new employee to this police station, I don't work here I work back in Rockside." My eyes widened, that were me and my mom lived 2 years ago before we left my brother and father. But why was the newbie here if he lives there.

"Explain," I said, all seriousness masking my words, that place was a sensitive topic for me. It held so much of my past, the darkest days.

"I wish I could, but that's for your lawyer to do." Lawyer? Since when. Newbie noticed my expression and started explaining.

"Your mother got you a lawyer when she found out that you trashed the office. There was over hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of possessions in theirs. Especially the computer you chucked out of the window. That had all the school files and records on it." My eyes widened, Fuck. That's not good not good at all.

"Don't worry kid you won't have to wait much longer. They will explain everything tomorrow." Newbie reached his arm through the cell bars to pat my back.

vote 💫
comment ⌨️