chapter | sixteen

ch 16

ch 16. home sweet hell

I pushed past Nathan and walked into the depths of the mansion. Shivers began spreading over every single inch of my tall body, I didn't like how being here made me feel. It made me nervous. My eyes scanned every nook, cranny and part of the house. Memories began arising. My heart burned and I almost brought my hand up to clutch my painful burning chest, my lungs throbbed at the lack of breath I was breathing.

Do you know that feeling? The feeling when your throat just aches with dryness and pain in general to the point where it closes up because the pain is just too much to handle? That's what I felt. My body begged for me to just cry a single tear, to allow a single emotion to be broadcasted to the world. But no, that's not something I will allow. I haven't cried in a long time. And I won't anytime soon.

I looked around the central part of the house and my eyes trailed upon the empty staircase. I noticed the lack of 'family photos' or anything decorative. That changed, the blurred images of the old family portraits that mom and I had once hung were still present in my head, but where gone in reality.

The marble staircases glowed because of the light that the chandelier cast on them. Making them look almost haunting but alluring at the same time. My body stiffened as a cold breeze passed throughout the empty room. Empty was the perfect way to describe this house. No 'Home' or 'haven' just emptiness.

I knew that coming back here was wrong. I already knew that something bad was going to happen again, I felt it in my bone's.

I just hope and pray to myself that whatever is coming, isn't as bad as the last storm that shook this house and the people that survived in it. The storm that left irreversible damage.

I tried to snap out of my daze, by suddenly allowing my body to run up the circular and stairs towards the old room, that I spent most of my time in when I was younger. I went straight past the blurs of plain brown other doors that lead to empty rooms or bathrooms, surprisingly, I was still able to navigate myself around the mansion fine.

I reached my old room and pushed the door open roughly. I slowly walked inside the room step by step until my whole body was inside.

Pink plastered every wall, ever piece of furniture, everything in general. I bit back the urge to gag. The double bed sat in the middle of the room, with the pink fluffy bed head pressed against the large windows with flowy white curtains hanging on both sides.

A computer perched on the white shiny desk in the corner of the room and the expensive decorations surrounding it, they made it look like I was actually cared for, maybe even treasured. It was just a mirage for people who visited, a mirage that my father had cast for them to see.

Nathan was probably in his room by now, minding his own business, like he used to. Listening to his rock music, with his headphones and drawing with charcoal pencils. He was great at art, even I could admit it, he once drew a beautiful picture of me. When we used to be close.

Killer Bad Girl | COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara