Chapter 37: Waiting for you.

Vesper's POV

_Unedited_

word count: 2613

Song: Breathe- NF

Chapter 37

(Waiting for you)

 I breathed in the ashy taste of the cigarette and rolled the paper in between my fingertips. 

The fire filled my lungs, and I held it in refusing to blow out the cancerous air just yet. The heat from the small cigarette, flushed through my veins causing a warm feeling to fill my empty heart. 

 Nathan was right there, in front of me and I just froze, I didn't move. I didn't help him. I should be the one to blame for the state he is in if the cops didn't show up when they did. Nathan would have died; it's a fluke that they even managed to place him into a coma. 

"Ah-hem." 

An annoying, obnoxious cough grasped my undivided attention, causing my head to turn towards the blond boy.

He stirred in his makeshift bed before sitting up. It groaned and rubbed it's bandaged head; my eyes rolled before I could stop them, weak thing. The sound of gunshots broke the silence; the blond thing jumped making its crappy motel like bed creak. I chuckled under my breath and breathed in another breath of smoke from my cigarette, drawing it's attention to myself, which made it jump in fright once again. 

 I blew out the smoke, making sure to do it slowly; so that I could watch my favorite part of smoking and the only reason why I lit the cancer stick to start off with; I looked at the white fog curl in the air before slowly evaporating. Like it was never there, such a dangerous atmosphere, for those who have the guts to breath it in.   

The boy thing groaned once again, before opening his mouth for the first time, "Firstly, where the fuck are we? And secondly who the hell are you?" 

I turned to look at him with a serious look set on my face, the same way I treated every kid that Nathan saved and left for me to deal with. Another round of gun shots went off down the hall, which was followed by the unmistakable sounds of dying screams. The boy, who was probably around the age of fifteen, froze up in fear and pulled the sheets closer to himself making me smirk. 

"Okay, firstly," I mocked sitting up straighter in my chair like I suddenly had something critical to tell the kid, he leaned forward ever so slightly, interested in what I had to say, "You have arrived in Neverland, I am the mad hatter and welcome, Miss Alice!" I joked with no humor in my voice and why did I do that?