chapter | twenty-one

comment ⌨️
vote 💫

I looked back towards the girl, her small hands clawing at my wrists, trying to get me to let go. "I'm so so sorry," I whispered to her, applying a little more pressure. A single tear fell from her eyes and My heart stopped. I saw myself in her. I saw a fighter. A scared child. I quickly Jumped off her and she sat up coughing and choking for breath. I almost killed a kid.

I yelled to penguin, that I wouldn't fight.

I was too caught up in that fact, to realize that everyone in the crowd was no longer paying attention to us. They were all looking towards Ryder who lay on the floor blood rushing out his side, Chase stood over him fuming, a knife in his ha- "Sasha!"

No. I jumped off the stage to run to him. But I was thrown back by guards. Penguin was screaming about getting a first aid kit and doctor, he yelled about how he could get destroyed because some kid died without signing a con- "Sasha!" An unknown voice kept calling to me but I ignored it, I have to save him. He's gonna die because of me.

I fell to the floor. Ryder was taken away- "Sasha wake up- HOLY CRAP!" Something or someone shook my body and I jumped up sitting up in my bed. I stared at the pink wall, a thick layer of sweat covering my body, I looked into the mirror on the wall, my golden brown hair was everywhere, my eyes bloodshot, my skin completely pale. I looked dead.

It was just a dream Sasha, a nightmare. I closed my eyes tightly, the images of Ryder's lifeless body still staining my mind.

He's dead because of you Sasha, a dark voice in the back of my head whispered. It was right.

I should have saved him. I opened my eyes and looked at whoever had woken my up, I hoped with all my heart that it was Damian, he wouldn't question me, just be Damian and make some shitty joke.

I frowned and sighed getting out of the bed, I saw the familiar brown eyes of my older brother staring at me, his gaze blazed with confusion and worry. I ignored him and went to my wardrobe, I stuffed my normal clothes aside, looking for my 'Good-girl clothes.'

"Are you ok?" His voice whispered, I paused and turned towards him slowly. He stood up, from leaning over the bed to wake me up earlier, he stared at his feet, he couldn't even look me in the eyes. I laughed darkly and turned away from him again. I heard him sigh before walking out the pink castle and closing the door lightly behind him. Like you even cared.

I grabbed some random clothes and went into my bathroom to have a shower. I washed my hair, shaved my legs and washed my body with my favorite black rose sent. I stood in the shower my eyes closed and I mumbled lightly to a random tune, just basking in the calmness that the hot water brought to me. My head hung low tilting over, towards my fee- "Sasha?" There was a few light knocks on the door and Damian's voice called for me. I didn't bother answering and continued to mumble the songs lyrics. The knocks stopped and I guessed Damian had left, "Please hurry up, you can't be late on your first day!"

I nodded, not caring if he could see of not.

After a few more calming moments, I reluctantly grabbed a hanging towel and left the steamy hot shower. I dressed in the clothes I picked out earlier and looked into the mirror, the glass was fogged from the heat of the shower. I brought my hand up and cleared the steamy glass enough so that I could see, the monster staring into the mirror.

I was wearing a pink Denim jacket with a yellow tank top underneath, I had some black leggings and brown ugg boots. The outfit was disturbing, to say the least- I looked like a walking rainbow, I curled my freshly cut and dyed hair. The golden locks fell to my sides, my hair was still a bit longer than most girls. Even after Blondie had left her mark, by cutting it at least 3 inches shorter. I put them in two high piggie-tales. I looked into the mirror and burst out laughing. Jesus, I have never looked weirder in my life. I could even make a potato look good right now.