chapter | twenty-eight

comment ⌨️
vote ⭐️

"Nathan get the first aid kit." He nodded and started knocking everything over in the cupboard as he pushed things around looking for the kit.

"Sasha, Vesper really I'm fine calm down," Sophie's weak voice mumbled out.

"Soph be quiet, you are making your lip bleed more." Vesper cooed, Sophie rolled her eyes.

"I'm fine I'm not a child!" She argued back glaring at Vesper.

"That bitch hurt you! I fucking hate her she's so annoying and fake and bitchy an-"

"Vesper!" Sophie shouted getting fed up.

"Guys, can we have a moment alone..." I asked the boys while getting the antiseptic wipes out of the draw.

"What? no!" Both of them protested, but I shot them a warning look, making them run out of the room like two puppies with their tails in between their legs.

"What happened this time?" I asked Sophie while I slowly started cleaning her lip.

"I accidentally walked into thing two and it triggered The Cat In The Hat."

I paused and looked at her weirdly, "I think your hit your head a little too hard."

She rolled her eyes and started explaining.

"Thing two meaning Ruby's second minion and the cat and the hat being Ruby." Ahhhh I get it!

I laughed.

"Thats smart I like it kiddo." I smiled at her and ruffed her already messy hair, she pouted and went to fix it. I slapped her small hand away and added a bit more pressed to one of her wounds because their was some gravel from the ground in the cut and it could get infected.

"Thanks, OUCH!! Holy hell it stings." Sophie hissed.

I stepped back laughing , "Okay I'm done now crybaby."

She glared at me playfully. I packed away all the cleaning supplies and grabbed a cup of water handing it to Sophie.

I lent against the kitchen counter my eyes trailed over Sophie's bruised and beaten face and a more serious mood was set, "Sophie you need to stop."

Her eyebrows crinkled together in confusion, seconds passed and she let out a breath and realisation dawned upon her. I meant she needed to stop letting 'the cat in the hat' control her life and beat her when she felt like it one day she was going to hurt her too badly.

"I don't know," A loud ding echoed through the room and Sophie reached into her pocket and looked at her phone.

I watched her carefully as her mouth fell open and the sound of canting echoed through the room, "What Sophie?" I stepped closer to her and she passed me her phone, it was a text message video sent by a blocked number.

I clicked the play button and the video began, it was a compilation of all the times Sophie's been beaten up, but Ruby's face was blurred out, so clearly the person sending it was protecting her.

At the end of the video was the two times I had stopped Ruby and the other clips of me clenching my fists while I watched in silence and did nothing during this week. Oh the regrets. Should have punched Satans face in along time ago.

At the end of the video their was a message in curved writing;

Well, isn't it my two favourite girls? My two little fighters. Sasha haven't you just gotten more and more beautiful? Tell the big bro I say hello. I hope you still have your fighter side because soon I will have you both back in my arena. Oh and my dears, it's not a threat. It's a promise.