Chapter 43: Part 2 {Heartless}

Sasha

Sasha

Judging a book by its cover is inevitable, we are all guilty of at least once in our lives making assumptions based off what little information we are given.

Whether it be assuming the boy in black is emo or that the math teacher you've never met has a personality handcrafted by the devil himself. It's essential human nature to complete the puzzle when we have only been given one possibly insignificant piece. But, judgment can we changed. It can be influenced or swayed differently over time.

Actions change assumptions.

I assumed that Lavigne was evil. Like every other police officer before her, except Damian of course.

But the women standing in front of me now, she wasn't who I assumed she was.

"Thank you, Lavigne." I pulled her to my chest and held her tightly.

"I- thank you," I whispered speechlessly. She didn't respond and just wrapped her arms around me in return.

After time had flown by, I pulled away from her smiling brightly.

"Sorry, for mistreating you," I told her sincerely. She grinned and ruffled my hair, "It's okay kiddo, I could have been kinder to you as well."

I stepped away and began walking back into my house. Leaving Lavigne calmly standing in the backyard. I couldn't believe what she had not just done for me, but for Damian. Without even telling me she had gone behind my back and gotten him his job back as an ordinary policeman. She had even gone to the extent of getting him a pay rise.

Damian no longer would struggle with helping his sister.

I glanced back at Officer Lavinge to see her intently watching a small orange and pink butterfly.

She was one of the rare ones.

A good person.

-

"Can I see Emily please?" Chase pleaded while staring desperately at Vesper, knowing he was more likely to say yes than I was.

"No, you can't," Sophie muttered glaring harshly at Chase.

Chase looked away from the hostile Sophie and towards the door longingly.

"She's fine," I assured him.

"I know she is, I just miss her." He murmured weakly.

Killer Bad Girl | COMPLETEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara