Chapter 2

(Y/n)'s POV

~1 year later~

I had gotten closer to everyone. They treated me as a part of their family. I think I had developed some feelings for Lindo but it wasn't much. And besides, I think he loved Ritsuka more than me. Well, life wasn't always how you'd expect it to be.

I was drawing something in the sand. Ritsuka had gone out with Maria and Lindo. I stayed home with their grandfather. They thought it was safer for me. He was in his study researching some vampire and devil stuff. I sighed and got up.

"Hey little girl, do you happen to know the way to the market?" a strange man asked. I nodded slowly.
"Would you care to show us the way?"
"Let me just ask-"
"No, don't! Uh, I mean...I'm sure your care taker would allow you since I've heard it's pretty close."

Should I help them? They do look a bit suspicious. Just when I was about to turn away, one of the three men grabbed me.

"Let go!" They wrapped a cloth around my mouth.
"Mndhbdbsj! (They're just random letters)."

I tried to get free of their grasp but they were just too strong. I couldn't use my powers or they'd know. Someone...please help me.

"(Y/n)!" It was Lindo's voice.
"Shoot, they've seen us," one of the men exclaimed.
"Let her go!" They released the cloth around my mouth.
"She told us to do this, didn't you?" I shook my head.
"I never-" One of them had grabbed Ritsuka.
"Let her go! It's me you want, isn't it?!" They had a knife close to her throat.
"No! Let go of my child!" Maria yelled.

Their grandfather came out. A drop of blood fell from Ritsuka's throat. They didn't cut it but pricked it a tiny bit. I was worried and frightened.

"No! Don't!!!"

A bright light glowed around me before the men turned to dust. But Ritsuka and Lindo were unconscious. Oh no...what have I done?

"Don't worry, it wasn't your fault," their grandfather reassured me.

~Some time later~

I was sitting by their beds. Their eyes fluttered open. Tears filled my eyes. I hugged both of them.

"Thank god you're awake."
"What happened?" Ritsuka asked. Lindo shook his head slightly.
"Oh, these thieves tried to break in but your grandfather scared them away."
"Okay, I thought it was something serious," she replied.

But I still felt bad. This was probably the fourth time it has happened. I endangered them too much. I felt guilty.

"(Y/n), what's wrong?" Lindo asked.
"Oh nothing." We played for the rest of the day.

~At night~

I decided to leave. I was causing them too much trouble. I must've been a terrible burden on them. I packed up some stuff and wrote a note. I left it on a table before going back to my old home. Someone was there. Wait...was that...

"Rem-nii!" I ran up and hugged him. He looked completely shocked.
"(Y/n), I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?" he asked worriedly.
"I..." I explained everything to him. He smiled.
"Come on, you can live with me." I nodded happily.
"Where's uncle?"
"He...had some business to do." Oh... We went to his mansion.
"Loewen!" He ran up and licked my face. I giggled. It was good to be back...but I was gonna miss them.

Lindo's POV

~The next day~

Strange...(Y/n) wasn't in her bed. I looked all around the house but couldn't find her. Aunty had tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" She handed me a note. It read:

Hey everyone,
I'm sorry I'm leaving you. But it's for your own safety. I've been too much of a burden. We might meet again in the future, who knows? Bye, hope to see you soon.
(Y/n)

I scrunched the note. Why?... (Y/n), I was gonna miss you... I will go and find you someday, I'll promise you that. Everyone was sad but we still continued living...for her sake.

(Y/n)'s POV

~A few years later (Sorry for the massive timeskip)~

I wasn't part of the student council but I spent most of my time in the third library. My closest friends were apart of it so why not? I slipped on a banana peel and tripped. Grrrrr...

"Who's was that?!"
"Oh look, the little butterfly is mad," Urie commented.
"What if I said it was me? Poor thing, how you slipped," Shiki said.
"Put your rubbish in the bin."

*sigh* I picked it up and threw it in the bin. Someone knocked on the door and came in. I hid behind a pole. Who did Rem call? It was unusual for him to call someone up here.

What?! Ritsuka?! I never knew she went to this school as well. I guess we just had bad timing. She might be mad at what I did to her.

"Hello?" she said.
"I've received a note saying that you violated school rules," exclaimed Rem. He was lying...was he trying to find the grimoire.
"What?! I never did! Who said?!"
"I'll be asking the questions here."
"Don't I have a say in this?!" He hypnotised her.
"Actually, I called you here to ask you something." But then, this pendant repelled his hypnotism.
"Huh? A-anyway, I did not violate any school rules!" I giggled but quickly covered my mouth. Everyone turned their heads towards where I was.
"Come out," Rem ordered.
"Awww, Rem-nii, don't be so mean. I just found it funny how Ritsuka actually spoke like that to the 'Great Rem'."
"(Y/n)?!"

(A/N): To be continued...