Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

We went to school but we were probably a bit late.

"Aren't you gonna go to your classes?" Mage asked.
"Can't be bothered."

We went to the third library but the two girls were there. Ritsuka went off to class after saying bye to me. Urie put a cap on me and Shiki gave me sunglasses. I put them on.

"Who are you?" one of them asked.
"I'm-"
"She's with me," Mage said.
"Where's that (Y/n)? Isn't she usually with you?" the other asked.
"She has something to do," Urie replied.
"Lucky that you threw out the trash," they said and giggled. Rem-nii's expression darkened.
"You will not speak of her like that," he exclaimed while glaring at them.
"But Rem-nii, we-" one of them started off.
"Only (Y/n) is allowed to call me that and unless you want to be expelled, I suggest you leave her alone."
"We...understand." They left. *sigh of relief*
"Thanks guys." I took the cap and sunglasses off.
"Anything for our dear 'sister'," Urie replied, smiling.

I giggled. They went off to laze around while I went to the second floor of the library to read some books. A few minutes later, Lindo burst through the doors.

"Where is she?!" he asked worriedly.
"Why do you want to know?" Rem asked.
"There's been...rumours going around that some people are gonna do something bad and blame it all on her. Or worse, they're gonna do something to her," Lindo replied. Their eyes widened.
"Up there," Shiki said. He looked up. I waved at him. He came over to me.
"You will not leave my side, got it?" he exclaimed with seriousness.
"Yeah yeah-"
"Hey, I'm not joking around."
"*sigh* Don't worry about me. This has happened once before... It didn't end too bad - I think. I just got a lot of bruises." He stroked my cheek.
"I won't let that happen again," he replied. *blush* I looked down. Everyone was staring at us.
"Right, clearly you guys want a beating." They quickly looked away. I laughed.

~Timeskip to lunch time~

I went to the cafeteria. Lindo followed me.

"(Y/n), over here."

I decided to go sit with Ritsuka. But while I was walking there, someone threw food at me. It hit my head and dripped down my face and onto my clothes.

"Oh sorry, I tripped," a boy exclaimed sarcastically.
"I-it's fine." I looked down.
"Clearly this is the start of a food fight," Lindo said.

I looked at him. He winked at me. Everyone cheered. I smiled and threw my food at someone. That's when the 'food war' started. This was so much fun. Rem came and got hit in the face with mashed potato. I burst out laughing and couldn't stop.

"Who threw that?! And how dare you laugh at the Great Rem?!" the girl asked.
"I think you threw that and he's my- he wouldn't mind."

Rem-nii wiped off the food off of his face and left. I quickly went outside of the cafeteria. I grabbed Lindo's hand and teleported to the third library.

"What happened to you guys?" Shiki asked.
"Food fight."

I went to a secret spot where I kept spare clothes and got out black leggings and a long light grey off-shoulder sweater. I went to the bathroom to have a shower. When I was done, I saw Lindo awkwardly standing there.

"Oh sorry." I grabbed one of their jeans and t-shirts and gave it to Lindo.
"Thanks," he replied and went to the bathroom.
"Oi, those were mine," Mage said.
"Just let him borrow them for a day. And besides, it's not like you don't have any others." Urie chuckled.
"Or do you wear the same clothes everyday?" Shiki asked.
"I do not!" Mage replied, annoyed. I laughed. Lindo came out. I smiled at him and dragged him to a bookshelf.
"How can you do that?" he asked.
"Do what?"
"Remain cheerful after what happened?" I giggled.
"I have my closest friends around me."

I chose a book but a strange needle pricked my finger. A drop of blood fell and Lindo's eyes turned red.

"Huh? Sorry!" he apologised.
"You didn't do anything." He looked at my finger, it was swollen.
"It must've contained some kind of weak poison," Urie exclaimed.
"Here." Shiki handed me some cream.
"Thanks." Lindo got a tissue and picked up the needle.
"Be careful, (Y/n). It seems that you'll be getting more than just a few bruises," Lindo said.
"Even if I get hurt, it wouldn't matter as long as my closest friends are safe...right?" I smiled at them.
"Don't say that...please. It'll hurt us to think that you were hurt," Lindo exclaimed.
"Oh..." He pat my head.
"But don't worry, you won't get hurt as long as we're around," he said. I smiled. *sigh*
"What's wrong?" Urie asked.
"It's just that...I've never been able to protect any of you. You guys are always protecting me."
"That's not exactly true," Mage replied.
"How?"
"You gave me meaning. You were always there for me," Lindo said and added, "That's one of main reasons why I fell in love with you." *blush*
"You helped me control my anger with humour," Mage added.
"And you're the only one that actually treats me as somebody," Shiki exclaimed.
"Rem and I have you to be our little sister," Urie said.
"Thank you..." *yawn*
"Tired?" Lindo asked. I nodded. I leaned against his shoulder and fell asleep.