Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV

I went home with them. Rem-nii must be sorta worried but I was sure he knew they wouldn't hurt me.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)?"
"Oh, yeah?"
"Would you like some?" Ritsuka asked. Lindo had made dinner.
"No thanks." She laughed.
"As expected. Well, you're not leaving without having any." I tried to get away but she stuffed some (Japanese dish) into my mouth. I swallowed it.
"It's delicious! Ritsuka!" She smiled.
"You're welcome," she replied.
"What's this about?" Lindo asked.
"Well, (Y/n) has this thing like when she gets hungry, she tends to eat every single thing in front of her," Ritsuka explained. Lindo just smiled. I blushed in embarrassment.
"I won't judge, eat up," exclaimed Lindo. I hesitantly sat down and started eating. I quickly pushed half the dishes towards them.
"What?"
"I'll eat all of it." They just laughed - nicely.

~The next morning~

Lindo told us not to get changed again but we'd probably escape. This time, he put locks on the windows and doors. Ugh...

"Hey Lindo...are you an exorcist?" Ritsuka asked. He looked like he was deep in thought then nodded.
"Grandfather studied vampires and devils..." He continued to explain all about it.
"They believe the key to the forbidden grimoire lies within the Tachibana family."
"But I don't know anything about it!" Ritsuka argued. Lindo sighed.
"Where is it exactly?"
"I don't know but I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe," he said.

He also told her that the student council was made up of devils. For some reason, my heart had this feeling of rejection.

"Anyway, I'll be out for a while."
"Okay, see you soon." He smiled and left.
"(Y/n), I want to go to school." I laughed.
"Sure thing." We got changed before she broke the window so we could escape.

~At school~

We went to the third library. Loewen opened the door.

"Um, is Rem in?" Ritsuka asked. He just smiled.
"Are you in the student council?" He closed the door. Rem came.
"Rem-nii!" He smiled slightly.
"Um, thank you for what you've done. You've helped me a lot. Do you know where she is?" Ritsuka asked.
"Your brother dislikes me. As long as he's around, I can't do anything."
"But-" Rem closed the door.
"I'll go talk to Azuna for a while, bye." She left. I went inside.
"Where have you been?" Shiki asked.
"Just with Ritsuka, why? Did you miss me?"
"As if," Mage replied. I pretended to be hurt.
"Such harsh words...
"What? Really?" Mage asked sarcastically. I giggled.
"(Y/n), I got the book you were asking for," Loewen said.
"Book? I wasn't asking for any book."
"Really?" I looked at the cover.
"Oh...thanks."

It was a book on my lessons at school. Seriously...how did they remain knowledgeable when they didn't even learn anymore? This was boring. I had nothing to do.

"Wait, where did Loewen disappear to?"
"Who knows?" Urie answered, uninterested. I played chess with everyone to pass some time.
"Shouldn't you be going to your classes?" Mage asked.
"Can't be bothered."
"Oh, I lost," exclaimed Shiki.
"Yes! The fifth time I've won and this is like what? The tenth time we've played?" Suddenly, I sensed that something was up.
"You guys can keep playing without me. Got to go, bye." I ran off to find Ritsuka. She was with a bunch of imposter Rems.
"Get away from her!" I kicked them away. Lindo came and protected her. He had a bloody injury.
"Stop it!" I knocked them out with a small blizzard. I saw Loewen outside. I teleported after him.
"(Y/n), wait!" yelled Lindo, but I had already jumped out the window.
"Why did you do that?" I asked Loewen.
"Just to see the capability of an exorcist," he replied casually.
"Well, don't do it again!" I went to see if Ritsuka was okay. She went home. I knocked on the door.
"Coming!" She opened the door.
"(Y-(Y/n)...are you a d-devil?" Ritsuka asked.
"*sigh* I'm half devil, half vampire. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"Why?"
"I didn't want you to fear me." Her expression softened.
"How could I fear one of my closest friends? And besides, you saved us." I smiled and hugged her.
"Thank you so much! I feel so relieved." We went back inside.
"See? Told you they were devils," Lindo said. I sweatdropped.
"But I can't see how Rem can be that evil."
"He isn't!"
"I don't get it..." Ritsuka said. Lindo disliked my cousin, huh?
"(Y/n), I didn't mean to make you upset..." Lindo said.
"I know." He gave Ritsuka a ring of the Sacred Lux.
"Here, let me help you with that." I healed his injury to a somewhat better condition.
"Thanks."
"Sorry it wasn't much."
"No, it's fine."
"I'll still be going to school. Even if you stop me, I'll find a way to escape," Ritsuka stated with determination.
"I can't stop you from going but I'll be going to your school from now on," he told us.
"What?!" Ritsuka and I yelled at the same time. This life... We went to bed after a while.

~Some time at night~

I got up and looked at the book Loewen gave me.

"You like studying?" Lindo asked.
"No but I don't want to be dumber than everyone else." He laughed quietly.
"Let me help you, Miss 'I am Dumber Than Everyone but Hate Studying'."
"Hey! That makes it sound like that's why I'm dumb!" He laughed. I smiled.