Chapter 11

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up. Where was this? For some reason, my body felt weak. I was in some sort of guest room. *sigh* This must be the Exorcist Society, that explained why I feel weak. Someone came in.

"Lindo? Why are we here?"
"I brought you here, you fainted after Ritsuka summoned that light. Anyway, you'll be safe here," he replied. I stood up but I stumbled. Lindo helped me lie back down.
"(Y/n), I'm sorry about this."
"I-it's fine." He held my hand and smiled at me.
"Everything's gonna be fine..."

Those were the last words I heard before I fell asleep. When I woke up, he was gone. Someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." A strange person in robes came in.
"We have to purify you, please come this way." I stood up weakly and followed him to a white room.
"Please take off your blazer." I did as they told me. What was this?
"Please endure the pain until it is over, Miss (Y/n)."

Huh? What were they talking about? Suddenly, someone poured this strange liquid on me. It burnt my skin and clothes. I screamed in pain.
"Please...stop..."
"This is the only way to stop the evil blood running through your veins."

They continued despite my protests. Damnit, it hurt so much! Why was I being put through this?! Then, Lindo burst through the door.

"L-Lindo?" He pushed them away and held me close.
"What are you doing?!" he asked angrily.
"This is for her own good."
"But she isn't even an exorcist!"
"The fact that she's in here means that she must be free of the evilness in devil and vampire blood." He dragged me away to my room.
"Lindo, i-is everything okay?"
"You're already weak enough, you don't need to be purified. You are perfect the way you are."

That caused me to blush. He went away. Suddenly, I heard Ritsuka's scream. I went towards where it came from.

"Let her go!"
"We are doing this to get rid of the grimoire." That made me remember something. I had read it in a book somewhere.
"Don't touch her, I know a spell that can transfer the forbidden grimoire into the caster's body until the original owner's 17th birthday." They looked deep in thought.
"Very well, you may proceed with your spell." I casted it. Ritsuka winced, I felt a surge of power come into my body.
"(Y/n), can you take it out without that?" Ritsuka asked. I nodded, I couldn't stand to tell her the truth.
"O-okay then, meet you outside."

She hesitantly left. I sat down before they got ready to cut me open. Lindo burst through the door with Ritsuka.

"You will not lay a hand on her!" They talked about sacrifices and revealed to Ritsuka that Lindo was a dhampir.
"Come on!"

He grabbed our hands and ran off. We ran outside. I looked at Mage, Urie and Shiki with pleading eyes. They nodded. Lindo took us to an abandoned temple.

"If you don't mind, I'll just be getting some fresh air."

They both nodded. I looked at the night sky and sat down. They probably needed some time to sort things out.

"Ritsuka, I think I may have feelings for you. I can't contain them anymore. You were the one that gave me meaning when (Y/n) went away..."

What? I felt a pain in my heart. Why?... I...loved him. Just one-sided love, huh? The pain in my heart hurt. Ugh, why did I have this problem?! Suddenly, Rem-nii came. I went inside with him. We broke their special moment. I think they saw the sadness in my eyes.

"R-Ritsuka, here." I took her hand and gave the grimoire back to her by casting another spell.
"Looks like I couldn't protect you after all."
"(Y/n), you tried your best." Rem and Lindo went outside to settle things. They fought over Ritsuka. No!
"Please don't fight."

But I didn't think they heard me. I clenched my heart and coughed up a bit of blood. The two I loved the most were fighting...and they were fighting over my best friend. That much hurt me. Finally, they stopped but Lindo had a terrible wound.

"I would die for Ritsuka," he exclaimed.
"As you wish." Rem held out a hand but Ritsuka ran over to Lindo.
"No, don't!" Rem stopped.
"You really are a devil! A cruel, cold-hearted devil! What are you thinking?! Why aren't you saying anything?! I have no idea..."
"Ritsuka-"
"I despise you! I hate you!" she exclaimed fiercely.

That made my heart ache even more. Lindo was about to attack him but I ran in front of him and took the hit instead. I glared at Ritsuka.

"I would've stopped him! You should've kept your true feelings inside!" I coughed up more blood.
"Guess what? I'm a devil as well! You hate me as well, don't you?!"

She looked away. Tears filled my eyes. Rem hugged me from behind and teleported us back to the third library.

"(Y/n)?!" everyone yelled at the same time.
"S-sorry guys..."
"Lie down, I'll get you some medicine," Rem said. I sat on the couch. He came back and gave me the medicine.
"I must be giving you all mixed feelings, huh?" They looked at me.
"I know you like me as a sister and you all have feelings for Ritsuka. It's hard to decide whose side you're on, your best friend or loved one..." I fell asleep lying on Urie's shoulder.