Chapter 16

(Y/n)'s POV

I lay on my bed thinking of what had happened. I smiled. My life has had its ups and downs but it couldn't have been better. *sigh* But what about when they went back? I've lived with them almost my entire life...

No! Now was not the time to think about that. Someone threw a rock at my window. I went to the balcony and looked down.

"Um..." There were three guys wearing black suits with masks.
"Come on, hurry up!" one of them whisper-shouted.

Mage? I suddenly imagined them and laughed my head off. To think they were the ones dressed like that...

"Oh, look at what you caused. The little butterfly's gonna wake him," Urie said.
"You poor brainless things..." Shiki exclaimed. I continued laughing. Shiki flew up here and carried me away.
"Hey, I'm still in my pj's!" They just shrugged.
"What is all this?"
"We're planning something for Rem and Ritsuka," Urie replied.
"But why are you dressed like that?"
"To blend in with the darkness," Shiki answered.
"Looks cool, doesn't it?" Mage asked, proudly.
"Er no." His shoulders dropped.
"What?"
"I made them," he said.
"Better luck next time."
"Thanks *sarcasm*"
"Hehe."

I followed them to a garden that I never knew was here. I helped them organise everything.

Rem's POV

I had heard (Y/n)'s laugh a few minutes ago. In fact, that's what woke me up. She doesn't just laugh randomly in the middle of the night. I got up and went to her room. I knocked but there was no reply. Maybe she fell asleep again. *sigh* I went back to my room. I thought about last night (it's currently 12:15 am) before going to bed.

~1 hour later~

I woke up after hearing (Y/n)'s scream. I ran to her room.

"(Y/n), what happened?"
"Oh nothing, I just fell off my bed," she replied and laughed nervously.
"Why are your pj's so dirty?" She shrugged.
"Maybe I forgot to wash them." I eyed her suspiciously. I heard something on the balcony and went to see what it was.
"Wait, don't!" I looked at (Y/n).
"Um...it was probably just a bird," she said. I opened the window anyway.
"Hi...Rem?" Shiki said uncertainly.
"What are you guys doing on (Y/n)'s balcony? No...why are you even here?"
"We were um...just checking on (Y/n)," Urie replied nervously.

(Y/n)'s POV

"Just forget it," Mage said and knocked him out. I managed to catch him.
"Why'd you do that?!"
"He was getting suspicious," Mage replied casually. *sigh* I took him back to his room.
"Don't forget the plan," Shiki said.
"Yeah, I won't."
"See you there, little butterfly," Urie exclaimed and teleported away with the others. I changed my pj's and threw the dirty ones in the washing machine. I went to bed.

~The next morning~

I quickly got up and changed into high-waisted skinny jeans with a short long-sleeved shirt. I brushed my hair and put on converse shoes then ran to Rem-nii's room.

"Come on, wake up sleepy head!" He rubbed his eyes and sat up.
"What?!" he asked, irritated.
"Ritsuka's in trouble!"

His eyes widened. He pushed me out of the room. I think he was getting changed. About 1-2 minutes later, he came out and grabbed my hand. He dragged me to...well, he had no idea where she was.

"This way." He followed me to the place we went to last night.
"(Y/n), was this all a prank?" Rem-nii asked.
"Not really...maybe, don't know. Just stay here and wait."
"Why?"
"Just...please?" He sighed and nodded. I hugged him.
"Thanks, bye." He leaned against a tree. I bumped into Mage.
"Is he there?" Mage asked. I nodded.
"Great, Urie's gone to get Ritsuka and I think Shiki's making last minute arrangements."
"You think?"
"Well, yeah. I haven't seen him since early this morning."
"Oh." I turned around and bumped straight into Shiki.
"Sorry." I glared at Mage. He laughed.
"Sshhh, Ritsuka's here," Urie said. We hid behind a few trees and watched them.
"Rem? Urie said you needed help," Ritsuka exclaimed.
"That was a prank. (Y/n) said the same thing to me, I think this was set up," Rem replied.
"Oh..."

Urie gave me the signal. I nodded and surrounded the place in an ice dome. Then the top lit up with bright little snowflakes. It was snowing but the dome had ice pieces stuck to it to make it look like mini sparkles.

Urie clicked his fingers and the place was surrounded in roses. Mage shot lightning in the air. I quickly added ice with that. It looked like real fireworks. Shiki secretly shot his sharp feathers in the shape of a heart around them. We quietly left. When we were outside, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"It actually worked." They smiled.
"Well, you did organise the whole thing," Mage said.
"But it was your idea to do this."
"Your creativity is amazing..." Shiki exclaimed.
"Thanks."

~30 minutes later~

We were about to go back inside but Rem-nii and Ritsuka were gonna come out. We didn't have anywhere to hide so Urie grabbed my hand and they floated up. I couldn't exactly do this yet.

"Thanks Rem, I won't ever forget that," Ritsuka said.
"I'm sorry but I didn't plan that," he replied. They looked up.
"Come down," Rem-nii ordered. He created a strong wind. Their grip loosened on me.
"(Y/n)!" Rem caught me.
"Did you guys plan that?" he asked. I nodded slowly.
"But it was mainly their idea."
"But she organised it," Shiki added.
"Thank you." He smiled at us. I think their mouths fell open. I laughed.