Chapter 18

(Y/n)'s POB

When I woke up, Lindo was asleep as well but had his arms wrapped around me. His eyes fluttered open.

"Huh? You're awake, sorry," he said. I smiled.
"It's fine, you don't have anything to apologise for." I stood up but tripped over Lindo's feet. He quickly held me close. I landed on him. *blush*
"Sorry!" I quickly got off him. He chuckled.
"Don't worry about it," he replied. Right when Mage was about to put a little cake in his mouth, I took it off him and ate it.
"Hey!" I laughed.
"You have a whole plate full of them...and strangely, you're the only one that has food."
"And?" he asked.
"You hate human food." He just shrugged.
"(Y/n), I'll be right back," Lindo exclaimed.
"Alright, see you later." He left. Then Loewen came in. I ran up and hugged him.
"You actually came!" He smiled.
"I had some free time," he replied.
"Trouble leaves then more comes," Shiki exclaimed.
"Right, totally *sarcasm*"
"(Y/n), what happened?" Loewen asked.
"What do you mean?"
"You have a strange scent," he replied.
"I've noticed that as well," Urie added.
"So have I," Mage said.
"Well, why didn't any of you tell me?"
"We didn't think it was that serious until now," Rem-nii answered.
"Maybe it had something to do with that needle," Shiki said.
"Really?"
"What needle?" Loewen asked.
"Oh, these girls want revenge on me because they think I'm dating you guys and today's the day they're putting their plan into action." Lindo came in.
"(Y/n), take this," he said and gave me a tablet. I took it with some cold water. Suddenly, I felt sleepy.
"That tablet will take a while to have effect so in the meantime, it makes you sleep so that nothing bad will happen to you," Lindo explained. I blacked out.

Lindo's POV

I caught her and lay her down on the couch. Urie put a blanket over her.

"What is that tablet? I don't want you giving her bad drugs," Rem said.
"I stole it from the exorcists. It helps with that poison. I took a sample of it."
"What exactly was that poison?" Loewen asked.
"It's a poison called Jikan Noroi (it's not real, I made it up)."
"Time...curse?" Mage asked.
"No one realises it but it slowly takes away your energy until you die."
"How did they get their hands on such a thing?" Urie asked.
"I'm not exactly sure." Rem rang someone. A few minutes later, the two girls came.
"Come in," Rem said.
"Yes?"
"Where did you get that poison?" he asked.
"I have no idea what you're talking about," the dark-haired one replied.
"I'm sure you do. Where. Did. You. Get. That. Poison?" Rem asked, more serious than before.
"Ugh, fine. This person sold it to us and said it was just something that wouldn't do any harm," the light-haired one replied.
"Who was it?"
"I think he said his name was Maki, Masi or something."
"You may go."

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up. Everyone looked really serious.

"What happened?" Lindo explained everything to me. We all looked at Loewen.
"H-how did he get free?"
"It wasn't my choice to make," he replied. Mage held his shirt.
"You damn mutt!"

I stopped him from hurting Loewen anymore. I gave him him a napkin. He gladly took it and wiped the blood away.

"Mage, you heard him. He had no choice."
"But he could've stood up for himself for once," he replied while glaring at Loewen.
"Beating someone up without letting them explain themselves? That's quite unreasonable," Loewen exclaimed.
"Tch, whatever."
"He threatened to do worse than give you Jikan Noroi," Loewen said.
"Oh..."
"Why does he want to kill (Y/n)?" Lindo asked.
"Her parents helped in defeating him," Loewen replied. Tears filled my eyes.
"I'm always causing trouble for you guys..." Ritsuka came in. I quickly wiped my tears away.
"Hey...Ritsuka..."
lIs something wrong?" she asked innocently.
"No, it's nothing."
"Please don't keep any secrets from me. What is it?" she asked. *sigh* I explained everything to her. She nodded in understanding.
"Don't worry (Y/n), you have us."

She smiled at me and took my hand. Suddenly, some kind of bug bit her knee. It started to bleed.

"Ow."

She applied pressure to it with a cloth. I felt my thirst for blood grow strong. Why was this happening? I usually didn't want blood...

"Ritsuka, get away...now!"
"Why (Y/n)?-"
"Please..." I could tell that my eyes were red. She ran to Rem-nii. Lindo held me back.
"Why is this happening?" Shiki asked.
"Maybe it's a side effect of the poison," Rem said. Mage stuffed some sweets in my mouth. I swallowed them.
"That's...strange. She's back to normal," Urie exclaimed. Lindo released me.
"It's probably because she ate something she liked more than blood," Lindo exclaimed.

~Some time later~

I was sitting by the window, thinking about what had just happened. *sigh* Couldn't our lives ever be peaceful? I couldn't think about that now... I had to do what I could for everyone's sake. They've all helped me and I mustn't be negative. I must keep living on...for everyone.

"Want to pass the time?" Loewen asked while holding out a history book. I smiled and nodded.
"So...how far back are we going?"
"Well, we're gonna learn everything up until now...if we have enough time, that is," he replied casually. My mouth fell open. He laughed.