Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV

I went to bed. Maria came into my room.

"Hey."
"I just wanted to say thank you. You've helped Ritsuka quite a lot," she said with a smile.
"No problem but I didn't do much." She took my hand.
"Even something small is still better than nothing. Well, good night."
"Night." She went outside and closed the door. I sighed and went to sleep.

~The next morning~

I woke up and yawned.

"Boo!" Ritsuka yelled.
"Ahhh!"
"Morning (Y/n)."
"Morning Ritsuka and that's exactly what I needed *sarcasm*" She laughed. I lay back down.
"Hey, you're supposed to get up."
"But it's the weekend."
"And its your first date with Lindo," she exclaimed happily.
"Oh shoot, I totally forgot." She giggled. What was the time?! ...8:00?!
"Don't worry, I'll help you get ready," Ritsuka said.
"Thanks?"

By 9:45, I was out the door. We said bye to Maria. Lindo had left first to do something. And for some reason, Ritsuka decided to come with me.

"I thought a date was supposed to be two people."
"Oh, coincidentally...Rem asked me out as well and the place is close to where you're meeting Lindo." My mouth fell open.
"He asked you out?!" She giggled and nodded.
"Bye Ritsuka, have fun."
"You too, bye." I went to Lindo.
"You're 2 minutes early," he said.
"What about you? Let me see...20 minutes early?" He laughed. I smiled.
"Come on, let's go." He took my hand.
"What did you leave that early for?"
"To get you this," he replied and showed me a necklace. It had a locket on it and inside was a picture of when we were children.
"Thank you, I love it."
"Anything for you." *blush* He put it on me.
"S-so, where are we going today?"
"You'll see." We took the bus to the city. I looked at the all the shops but stopped at a sweets shop.

"Wanna get something?" Lindo asked. I nodded sheepishly.
"Come on then." He pulled me inside. I looked at all the different sweets and desserts.
"Okay, I've decided."
"On what?" Lindo asked.
"What I want to get."
"So what do you want to get?"
"This, that, and this, that as well." He laughed.
"How about we get two these and three of those?" he asked, smiling.

I nodded happily. Lindo went to the counter. I waited outside. Then, a strange man came up to me. I looked at him with suspicion.

"Um...may I help you?"
"My wife!"
"W-what about her? Is she okay?" He grabbed my hand.
"They took her! Please help me! Please..." I smiled gently at him.
"I'll try my best. Where is she?"

I left Lindo a text saying that I remembered something I had to do and followed the man to a dark alleyway. There were three men surrounding a woman.

"No! Please don't!" the woman begged. Her husband tried to get them to stop but they just knocked him out.

"Who's this? Your daughter?" the man that looked like the leader asked.
"No, I've simply come to help them." They left the woman and surrounded me. The woman ran to her unconscious husband.
"So, how about it? Should we?" one of the other men asked. The leader smirked and nodded.
"Please, don't tell anyone," I told the woman. She nodded and looked at me with hopeful eyes. My eyes glowed red and I slashed at the three men.
"Oh, a vampire? But luckily, we're exorcists."
"I don't care and what makes you think I'm just a vampire?"

I kept attacking them but they chanted their exorcist spells. It was pretty annoying. I froze their hands but the leader kicked my feet and I tripped. They crowded over me. I used my devil powers to injure them badly.

"I will not forgive those that hurt the innocent."
"N-no, please!" they begged. *sigh* I spared their lives. They smirked and sprayed holy water on me. Damnit.
"Get away from her!" Lindo came and attacked them.

He threw the bag of sweets towards me. I caught it and ran to the man and woman. I got out a (f/f) macaron out and cast a spell on it. I gave it to the woman.

"This should help with his injury. He'll be better in a few hours." She hugged me.
"Thank you so much! I won't tell a soul." She sobbed onto my shirt.
"You're welcome. Hurry up and go now."
"Wait, what's your name?"
"(Y/n)...(L/n)."

She thanked me again and helped her husband up then hurriedly left. Lindo was still fighting those exorcists. I killed them and ran over to Lindo.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" He shook his head and crashes his lips against mine. My cheeks turned to a dark shade of red.
"I'm glad you're safe... If anything were to happen to you..."
"Hey Lindo, I'm fine. Come on, let's go." He smiled.
"You're right, we still have a date to finish." I giggled. He helped me up. I ate some of the sweets and saved the last one for him.
"Eh?! Only one?!" he asked, surprised.
"Hehe, I get hungry after fighting."
"You're always hungry." We laughed. We went to lots of places.

~End of the day~

"Thanks Lindo."
"You're welcome. Here." He gave me a toffee apple.
"Yum! Thanks."

He chuckled and waved at me before leaving. But before I could even take a bite out of the apple, Shiki took it off me and are some of it. My mouth fell open.

"My toffee apple!"
"Oh, you poor thing. No food..." he replied casually. I sighed and went inside.