Chapter 13

(Y/n)'s POV

I was in the third library, doing nothing.

"Her scent's completely gone," Urie said.

They were looking for Ritsuka. Actually, I was quite curious myself. Where did she go? She wasn't with Lindo either...

"Whatever, we'll look later," Shiki exclaimed.

She wouldn't just disappear without telling someone. I sat there, eating all the little sweets and desserts.

"Oi, stop eating," Mage said.
"Why?"
"How can you eat at a time like this?" Urie asked. I shrugged...but they were sorta right.
"*sigh* Just leave her alone," Rem-nii said.
"I'll just be out for a while, bye."

I left and went walking around the gardens. Ritsuka, where are you? Everyone's worried about you. Suddenly, a vampire attacked me. He scratched my arm. I froze him in ice and killed him. What was he doing here? And why did he attack me?

"Lord Nesta wishes for you to be 'taken care of'." I glared at him.
"Why? And what are you doing here, Jek?"
"Lord Nesta asked me to kill you so here I am."
"Why?! You killed my father, my friend and now me?! What do you have against me?..." He shrugged.
"Nothing, the one that has something against you is Lord Nesta."
"What did I do to earn that?"
"Beats me...besides, he already has Ritsuka."
"What?!" He kicked me. I bumped into a nearby tree. Ouch.
"You can't kill me."
"But I killed your father."
"That was only because you had at least a dozen other vampires to help you." He grunted and punched me.
"Well, aren't you gonna fight back?" he asked.
"Do you really want me to?"

He just smirked. I blocked his every attack. I surrounded him in a storm of sharp ice. He disappeared. How did they get Ritsuka? She must've agreed to go there because of her mother.

"Oi (Y/n), we heard fighting," Mage exclaimed.
"Oh, it was nothing."
"Don't try to hide it from us," said Shiki.
"...Jek came and tried to kill me because Nesta told him to. Apparently he has a grudge against me."
"Oh..." Urie looked at my wounds.
"You okay?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine." They took me back.
"What happened?" Rem asked.
"Don't worry, Rem-nii. I'm fine." Suddenly, Shiki bandaged the wounds on my arm.
"Thanks, although you didn't have to."

I got myself a cup of tea. What now? How did we get Ritsuka back? I couldn't go there myself since it was too far.

"Wanna play?" Mage asked. I nodded.

~Some time later~

"Nooooo, die!"

We were playing games on our phones but we had to verse each other. *sigh* I put my phone down and laid down after getting a pillow.

"Anything wrong?" Urie asked.
"I'm worried about Ritsuka."
"Damnit, if only we knew where she was..." Mage said.
"I do..."
"That's (Y/n) for you," Shiki exclaimed. Rem looked up, I think it was because we had mentioned Ritsuka.
"Where is Ritsuka?" Rem-nii asked.
"She's-" Suddenly, Lindo and Loewen came in.
"Oh, here comes double trouble," Shiki said. I ran up and hugged Loewen. He smiled and pat me on the head.
"Where's Ritsuka?!" Lindo asked.
"That's what we want to know," Rem replied.
"I know where she is." They all turned their heads toward me.
"Nesta's castle."
"The vampire king's castle?! Lindo asked, surprised. I nodded.
"Are you sure you want to go there? The trip is dangerous," exclaimed Loewen.
"I'm sure they all want to go to rescue Ritsuka." Loewen placed Ritsuka's crown in front of Rem.
"What do you say?" Mage asked. He placed his crown next to Ritsuka's.
"It's the perfect checkmate," he replied.
"Can you take me there?" Lindo asked me.
"I'm sorry, I can't teleport far distances." Urie took my hand.
"See you there, Lindo and Rem-nii." We teleported away. But we just arrived on top of a building.
"Damnit, where is this place?!" Mage asked, annoyed. Shiki bumped into him. I laughed.
"You knew this entire time and didn't tell us...isn't that right, (Y/n)?" Urie asked. I nodded, giggling.
"Come on then."

~Nesta's castle~

We arrived but our clothes were different. I was wearing a short (f/c) yukata with (colour) leggings.

"You guys go on ahead, I need to check something first."

They nodded and left. I thought about something. Hmm, just maybe...there was a slight chance. I went to where everyone else was. Jek had Ritsuka. They didn't know I was here. I shot ice at his arm. He let go of her.

"Ritsuka, run!" I kicked Jek's jaw but he grabbed my hands. She ran to Rem-nii.
"Oi, you annoying vampire...let her go!" Mage yelled.

Lindo glared at him. I had this weird feeling that I had missed when they confessed to her. Jek held his nails to my throat. He looked at Nesta. The vampire king just nodded.

"No!"

Lindo made his way over here and punched Jek. He let go of me. Lindo stood protectively in front of me.

"Don't touch her with your filthy hands."
"Says the person that's not human nor vampire," Jek replied.
"That's because he's both, you piece of trash."

He grunted. Suddenly, my heart started to ache a lot. Why? I looked at Nesta. In his hand was...my mother's heart. (Sorry about this).

"Your heart grew weak because your mother died. I tried killing your father to make it worse but that only allowed you to realise what caused your heart aches."
"Why do you want me dead?"
"Your parents tried to kill me and some others to get rid of evil in this world. I only want to kill you to return the favour."
"But my mother died at childbirth..."